Missing

I woke up to someone shaking me roughly. 'Britt! Britt! BRITTANY!' I recognized the voice. It was Jeanette. 'What?! Is it morning already?' I said, trying to beat the sunlight and open my eyes. 'Yeah. It's 9 am. But Alvin isn't home. Do you know where he went?' She asked me. I sat up in bed. 'He snuck out of the house last night, and went to a party...' I spilled out. 'HE SNUCK OUT?! AND YOU KNEW?!' Simon came in our room. 'You didn't? He cannot be quiet like, at all.' I giggled. 'But still, you didn't stop him?' Jeanette asked me. 'Nah. I don't care what he does.' I shrugged. 'He probably just wanted to get drunk. Again.' I calmly said. 'Are you coming with us?' Eleanor and Theodore joined in. 'Where?' I asked. 'To find Alvin of course!' Jeanette confirmed. 'Yeah no. I am not ruining my outfit and hair to search for that jerk.' I replied, laying back down. 'Look Britt, we know you two don't get along and that you're arch-rivals. But he is our brother and your dance-partner.' Simon stated. 'Unfortunately, yes.' I mumbled. 'Hm, what?' Jeanette asked me. 'It's nothing. I'll do it, but for you guys.' I said, getting out of bed. I saw a small spark of hope in their eyes. I disappeared into my closet, as the guys walked out of the room to get dressed.

We gathered in the living room. 'Wow Britt. I didn't even know you had a hoodie!' They all said in sync, laughing at their unexpected sync. 'Neither did I.' I said, putting my hands in the pocket of my pink hoodie. 'But there's no way I'm messing up my favorite clothes for this.' I continued. 'That's the Brittany we know!' Jeanette stated. I rolled my eyes. 'Back to finding Alvin: Brittany, do you know anymore than that he snuck out?' Simon asked me. 'I heard a car after he closed the door, but that's it.' I thought out loud. 'Alright. We'll start outside the door. Then we'll split up. Does everyone have their phone?' He continued. Everyone showed their phones. 'And... sound on..?' He said, looking at me. 'What?! I have my sound on!' I said, showing my sound was on. 'You most of the time have your sound off, Britt.' Jeanette stated. 'So don't blame us for making sure it's on.' She continued. I rolled my eyes, walking outside the door.

We split up in groups of two: Simon, Theodore and Dave, who joined in later on, and me and my sisters. My sisters and I headed towards the forest, while the guys headed to the houses of his 'friends'. We decided Jeanette and I are going in the forest, while Eleanor searched around it. I searched deeper in the forest, while Jeanette stayed a bit more out of the forest. 'Ugh. Why am I doing this? Going through a forest to search for a jerk!' I complained. Suddenly, I hear my phone. 'Hey Britt, are you guys at the forest?' I heard through the phone. 'Not really, Simon. I'm IN the forest.' I said, with an annoyed tone. I heard a quiet laughter coming from the phone. 'Are Jeanette and Eleanor with you?' He continued. 'No. They're towards the edge of the forest.' I replied. 'Have you gotten anymore information?' I asked. 'Yeah. We know he went home with another, talking female chipmunk. She lives near the forest, I'll text Jeanette the address with an explanation.' He continued. 'Okay, great!' I tried to be happy, even though I just stepped into a mud puddle. He hung up. Typical Alvin. Running off with a girl. Probably drunk. And when she shows up at our house, he doesn't care. Even if she's pregnant or something. Although another talking chipmunk, that's interesting. Suddenly, a text came through. S texted me the address. You coming or staying in the forest? Jeanette texted me. I'm coming. No way I'm staying here. I texted back, making my way towards our meeting spot. Halfway through, I heard something. I hear something. Gonna check it out, you guys go without me. I texted to Jeanette, making my way towards the sound.