Chapter 5

Imagine having a bad fight with your fiance, Jensen, when he thinks you're cheating on him with your ex, Tom, and running to him for comfort. Only to worry Jensen even more when you don't answer any calls.  

It felt like someone was playing a sick joke on you, making your life look like some terrible drama romance movie as along with your blurry vision clouds formed in the sky and in seconds rain poured down. You drove just as fast as before, which wasn't such a good decision considering it was raining cats and dogs. You swerved a couple times and in the end just slammed on the breaks, making the car come to a halt. You placed a hand over your mouth, trying to muffle theuncontrollable sobs that would leave your lips, shutting your eyes as the tears fell worse than the rain outside. It was nighttime by now, and leaving in such a condition and with such a weather wasn't a wise decision but you couldn't face him another second. It wasn't the man you loved, not the man you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, facing you that moment. And although you saw a flash of Jensen when you took off the ring you still couldn't stay.

You clenched the steering wheel in your fist, eyes shut tightly as your entire body was shaking. You heard the messages arriving and breaking the silence numerous times during the ride, and when it wasn't that it was calls. At this moment your phone was ringing once more and just the thought of Jensen being on the other end, waiting for you to pick up, while pacing around nervously and anxiously because you had left with such a weather and an emotional mess. He was getting worried but you didn't have the mind to think about that. Your sobs were getting too much for you to handle, you couldn't even breathe, and all you needed was to get out of this small space of your car and breathe fresh air. Not even caring about the rain you pushed the door open and climbed out, eyes casted to the ground as you let the downpour soakyou to the bone.

You were only relieved you could feel your lungs working properly again. You gritted your teeth and with shaky hands you reached in and took the keys, locking your car and pushing away from it. With wobbly legs you walked down the road, arms wrapped around yourself, and eyes casted down. You didn't need another look other the first one you got a few minutes ago. You knew this road.

You didn't even think about taking your phone, it would just make things worse. You didn't know how you'd ended up here but you didn't care to mind it now as you walked up the few stairs of the porch. You knew you looked like a mess but you still brought your hand up and knocked twice on the door. You knew your chances of him being home and even more awake at this time were very slim but if something had driven you to come here then you were going to give it a try. You stood there in front of the door, shaking as your tears mixed with the raindrops rolling down your face, the house providing you some sort of shelter but somehow making you feel more cold than when the rain was pouring down on you.

You knocked once more, a last time, ready to leave already – mostly because you regretted the decision of walking up to this house in the first place. Out of all the houses this was the most wrong one after what had happened but-

"(Y/n)?"he breathed out in shock with wide eyes as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

You wanted to give him a smile, you really tried to, but you were a mess both physically and emotionally. Makeup smeared, clothes and hair wet, eyes red and puffy, and your frame shaking you just couldn't fake it.

"What happened?" he asked in panick as you shut your eyes and let the sobs leave your throat once more.

"Tom" you only choked out before you crashed in his arms, whimpers mixing with sobs and your tears. And the man didn't question you any more than that.

~*~

"You know I never pressured you for anything, but at this point I'm- I'm really worried about you, love." he whispered, an almost scared frown on his face as he placed a hand on your shoulder so gently because he was afraid you were going to break.