Chapter 10

Imagine your fiance, Jensen, letting you know of his decision about your relationship while your ex, Tom, prepares to leave and they both offer you the choice.  

Jensen tapped his foot on the floor, half out of nervousness and half out of impatience, leaning against his car with his hands in his pockets. He tried to calm down his nerves by taking a deep breath but it didn't make the situation any better because the moment he was able to push one worry out of his mind another would come up to haunt him. It was a never ending cycle that he was doomed to face until you'd-

"Jensen?" you whispered, freezing in your spot and when he took a deep breath and looked at you he did notice the utter shock written all over your face. But unlike any other time it wasn't followed by a breath-taking smile that made his heart leap to his throat with love every time you saw he was back home from all the filming.

"Yeah, that's what you would usually call me." he gave you a tight smile, his own heart twisting painfully inside his chest when he took notice of your red eyes. This was so unlike any other time when he had to be away for some time and came back to you.

"Would" you whispered, looking down "I didn't think I'd get the chance to do so ever again though, to be fairly honest."

It felt like a stab to the chest to see the state the woman he loved so dearly was in but he tried to swallow down the lump in his throat before speaking "I told you I needed time, I hadn't made the decision to give up on you yet. I did not nor have made that decision."

"Yet you barely gave me any hints as to what that was." you said in a delicate voice, shrugging with a forced smile "It- it doesn't matter though. What are you doing here at this time?"

"Well, it is my child too after all, isn't it? I care about it's health and I sure won't risk it for anything in this world. I wanted to be here..." he looked down, taking a step closer to you "For both of you." he admitted and your eyebrows shot up in surprise, your heart skipping a beat.

"But I- I-" you wrapped your arms around yourself "I know I didn't tell Jared I had an appointment, or Gen for that matter. I only-"

"Told Tom?" he raised an eyebrow softly, glancing to your side just as said man came to stand next to you "Yeah, I know." the green-eyed man stared at him for a moment and fear set at the pit of your stomach that they might do something.

Tom was the first to look away and at you with a soft sigh "I told him you had to see your doctor today, and I told him the state you were in and how it could affect the baby. Besides-" he glanced at Jensen, pursing his lips bitterly for a moment "You need the father of the child with you during such moments."

"Tom" you whispered but didn't get the chance to say another word when he shook his head at you. His eyes although he wasn't looking at you were filled with sorrow and great pain but he was trying to mark it all. At first you thought he'd be next to you during this and, although you had a hard time hiding that you missed Jensen, you were content with it because Tom held a very important place in your heart. If there was only one person on this Earth that you knew could love this child as... his own, then that was Tom.

"It's alright, I have a couple things to sort out before I-" he stopped himself, as if he didn't want you to know for a moment "You're in good hands. I hope." he glanced at Jensen with an intense gaze and your ex – boy it hurt to think about it – nodded his head with a clenched jaw.

"Always." he said in a firm voice tone.

"I'm... glad you're here Jensen." he breathed out, giving him a small nod as did Jensen.

"As I'm glad you've been by her side all this time." the words that left his lips shocked you but you were too caught up thinking this was something bigger that you didn't know about. Especially when you looked to see Tom take a step back.