Chapter 4

Perrie's POV:

It was now Saturday and I wasn't too sure on whether or not Y/N was gonna come. After everything that had happened, I texted her but she didn't respond. I even tried to talk to her during class but she would completely ignore me.

Since Y/N wasn't here and I wasn't sure if she was planning on coming, I decided to try and start the poem on my own. Mr. Jackson didn't mention a due date for the project so we were screwed. When one of the students asked about the date, he replied with a sarcastic answer. 

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts. I quickly rushed down the stairs and opened the door only to see Y/N standing there looking like a damn whole snack.

"Uh, wha-what're you doing here?" I stuttered.

"Well, we do have a project to do together and it's not gonna get done on it's own." She comments staring at me.

"Yeah, uh, come in." I said awkwardly. Y/N nods so I lead her to my room. When we got to my room she put her backpack down and pulled out her notebook and quietly began humming a beat.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said the other day, that's not what I meant." I began but Y/N cut me off before I could finish.

"It's fine, I took it the wrong way. I overreacted and I'm sorry." She spoke quietly. I was trying to read her but I just couldn't.

She was such a closed off person , but even then she was someone I wanted to get to know and be able to understand why she was like this. I needed to know why she acted the way she did. 

"I hated seeing you with Leigh-Anne. I was almost even jealous of her. I've been trying to get your attention for so long and yet she comes in and it's like you've known her your whole life and are even best friends or something. It's....something that I wish  you and I had. Or maybe even more." I whispered the last part to myself.

Y/N stayed quiet and continued to work on the poem. After awhile of awkward silence and me getting absolutely no response from her, I gave up and continued to jot down notes and ideas in my notebook. 

After another hour or so, Y/N  stood up and walked towards me. "I'll leave my notebook here with you so you can practice your parts of the poem and make changes if you want. Then we'll practice it. Well uh I need to go." She hands me the notebook and briskly walked out of my room without saying another word. 

----

Y/N's POV:

It was a bit chilly as I made my way home but it felt really good. It was something that I needed. I couldn't stay there. Perrie was making it extremely difficult for me to stay. She was making it so  clear that she had feelings for me. Why? I have no fucking idea. She was popular, not to mention the fact that every guy and girl was trying to get with her. What she wanted was more than I could give her. The thing is....I was more than attracted to her, but I just couldn't bring her into my fucked up life. I can't have her knowing me. The reason why I am the way I am. She can't know my deepest secrets.

If she knew me, the real me and the things  that I have gone through her heart would break.

My stomach growled. I really should've eaten breakfast or lunch. I figured it'd be a good idea to get something to eat before I went home so I walked to my favorite diner which wasn't to far from where I lived.

I walked in and got greetings from some of the staff members. I knew everyone that worked her, since I kind of came here almost every week. "Y/N hey! You want the usual?" The owner asks.

"Yeah sounds good, thanks Sarah." 

"Go on and take a seat, I'll bring it right out." I nodded and sat where I usually sat towards the back. Perrie kept calling me and texting me asking where I was at but I figured it'd be best to ignore her. A couple minutes later Sarah brought out my food. "Fuck yeah." I whisper under my breath.