Chapter 8

Perrie's POV:

I woke up with my eyes burning most likely from all the crying I did last night. My body was pretty sore as well so dragging myself out of bed was a task in itself.

Don't even get me started on having to go to school cause that meant I'd have to face Y/N and her new side piece which is something I'm certainly not looking forward too. I brush it off and began to get ready before leaving for school. When I arrived, I parked by Jesy's car where her and Jade sat talking. They turned to wave as I pulled in. 

"What's up, guys." I greeted once I stepped out the car. 

"Hey." They both said. I gave them each a hug and sit beside them as they talked. I listen in as Jade's telling us a story only for her to stop all of a sudden. She looks to the entrance of the school with a confused expression on her face. She points. Jesy and I follow her finger to see her pointing at Y/N and Leigh-Anne walking towards the school's entrance. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. 

"Wtf, did they come together?" Jesy asks.

"I mean from the looks of it yeah. Leigh-Anne's following her these past few days and not gonna lie it's probably cause she knows it gets under my skin." I sigh. Both Jade and Jesy look at me with sad eyes. 

"I'm sorry Pez, I know it must be hard." 

"Anyways, Jade do you know who she got in a fight with? When I was with her she had some bruises and when I asked she wouldn't go into detail?" I ask.

"Um, no why?"

"Oh, I just figured you knew since ya'll made up and stuff."

"Oh, no I don't but we did talk and well honestly it's not my place to tell you what to do and what not to do, but if she does talk to you, then I know she won't be 100% honest. Look things have been hard for her, she's been through a lot and well she was scared, so she did the only thing she knows how to do." She explains. 

"Oh and don't be afraid to defend yourself! Be a bitch back if you have to. I'd say she deserves it." I nodded and Jade left so I headed to class. When I got there she was already in her seat scrolling through her phone. I sighed and sat down beside her. It was a bit awkward but I did my best to ignore it. 

"So I uh just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being a bitch." Y/N said quietly looking down at her lap. I turned to her disbelieving. What changed? I swear she goes from hot to cold within seconds. 

I nod my head, not wanting to give her the satisfaction. I wasn't sure if whether to respond or not seeing as she wouldn't care what I had to say either way because of how stubborn she was. A few minutes later Mr. Jackson came up to the two of us with our poem in his hand.

"I went over what you had and I didn't see anything wrong with it but if you need to, I'll let you both look it over and see if it needs changing since Y/N missed a few days." He looked to Y/N and held the poem up. I was about to answer him but Y/N spoke up before I could.

"Yes, that works. Thank you, sir." She nodded. Mr. Jackson smiled and walked back to his desk. 

"Why'd you say yes? I already looked it over and it was good." I snapped. Y/N looked up at me.

"I don't know, I just thought it'd give us a chance to hangout and get to know each other a bit more." She shrugged her shoulders. 

"Us? Hangout? Yeah, right." I snorted. "Like I would want to sit and have you insult me time and time again. And then for you to act like there's nothing wrong with that. Thanks, but I'll pass." I looked away.

"I said I was sorry though." She laughs humorlessly. 

"And? Am I just supposed to forgive you and act like what you said didn't at all hurt me!?" I snapped again. "I honestly thought that you were different, but deep down you will always be a cold, heartless bitch." Y/N looked at me with wide eyes.