Chapter 5

Perrie's POV:

When I arrived at school the next day, I noticed Jade talking away with Jesy. That was odd seeing as Jade is almost never without Y/N. "Hey Pez." Jesy greeted me. Jade sent me a warm smile along with a wave. I returned the actions and greeted the two back. 

"Hey guys." They were both really close to eachother, causing me to raise an eyebrow. I didn't question it though cause I knew Jesy had a crush on Jade. The sound of people whistling caught my attention. I could see a group of girls and even guys fawning over someone who was still in their car. I noticed it was Y/N's mustang. 

The whistles only got louder as Y/N stepped out. She wore a white v-neck with her black leather jacket over her shoulder and black jeans and white vans covering her feet. She had her hair to the side and black Ray-Bans shielded her eyes. 

Y/N didn't pay attention to anyone. She walked inside the school without a second glance. Or at least that's what I thought. 

Y/N looked back in our direction for a split second, the inner me wished she was looking at me but that wasn't the case. I saw Jade looking in Y/N's direction with somewhat of an angered expression before it turned into a saddened one. Once Y/N disappeared inside the school, Jade looked down at her hands and sighed. Jesy took notice and brought her into a hug.

I didn't want to push Jade into telling us what had happened so I got up and left the two alone. A little after I had walked into the school the bell rang. Y/N sat in English with that emotionless look she almost always had. She leaned back against her chair with her arms crossed, feet under the desk in front of her, and her eyes looking out of the class window.

The tardy bell rand and Mr. Jackson began the class. He gave us the whole class to work on our projects. Huh I guess we won't have to work on it much on our own time. Well, I messed things up anyways sooo.

"So I uh worked on the poem a bit  more and it's almost done, I just need to add a bit more lines." I said. Y/N hummed and nodded in response. I could feel the awkwardness in the air.

"I also want to say that I'm sorry for what I said at my house. I wasn't trying to make you uncomfortable." I whispered looking at her.

"Perrie, I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. If you're trying to get to know me, stop. If it's something more you want, stop. I'm currently not in the right head space and my life is really fucking complicated and I just can't have other people involved. I just lost me best fucking friend for the same reason. So just stop. Please." She sighed at the end, running a hand through her hair. I just nodded and looked away remaining silent. My stupid thoughts kept eating at me until I spoke up again.

"I'm not going to stop." Y/N looked towards me surprise written all over her kissable face. "If you would just let someone in for once, then you would understand that you don't have to go through these things alone. You're best friend is hurting right now. I get it if you don't want me to be the person you let in and helps you and if I have to I'll wait till I am. But you need to honestly fix things with Jade." I paused. 

Before I could speak up again, the class door opened and two officers walked in. From the corner of my eye, I saw Y/N tense up. She seemed like she was completely frozen. Everyone in the classroom sat in silence and watched the officers speak to Mr. Jackson. He nodded and turned to look in Y/n and I's direction. 

"Ms. Y/L/N, if you could please step outside, these officers have some questions for you." He spoke quietly. Y/N slowly stood up from her desk, taking her stuff.

Her body was stiff as she made her way across the room. Students watched with wide eyes until both Y/N and the officers stepped out of the room, the silence becoming deafening.