Cullens, Cold, and Curious Cats

CELIA POV

I entered the school parking lot on foot. It was only my second day back to school since the incident.
I was not late today, luckily. The rabbit would have never gotten over it if I were. I was dressed in a white shirt with a black bow and blue skinny jeans.

I heard a voice call my name

I heard a voice call my name. I began talking back, like I usually did when I heard the voices. However, I quickly realized this wasn't a voice in my head.
I turned to see one of the golden eyed students looming over me. He had blonde hair and his southern accent seeped through as he spoke.
"Would you like to hang out with my family and I?" I blinked at him.
'Hatter?' I silently asked myself. A giddy voice answered.
'yes, dear?'
'is that alright with you, if I go stand with these odd people?' I asked. I knew he would say yes, he never said no.
'of course, alice.'
I cringed slightly at the name and nodded to Jasper, skipping over to his family with him.
Jasper clung to Alice Cullen's side, much like Rosalie and Emmett. It was obvious that they weren't just siblings.
I did not bother to judge. Instead, I stared back at the bronze haired one like he stared at me. His eyes hadn't left me since I approached the group, and I saw the curiosity in his golden eyes.
'curiosity killed the cat' I heard a whisper in my head.
'the Cheshire cat?' I asked, concerned for the sneaky friend of mine.
'no, no, dear. I'm alive and well. A bit ready to be let out, though.' I heard from the cat himself.
The bell rang and, without another word to the Cullens, I turned and left. The rabbit would have had a fit if I were late.
'dont be late!' I could feel his voice bouncing around my mind the way his body did in real life.
In my second period, art, Jasper Hale sat next to me. We did not talk. Simply painted.
I got a detention that period. Mrs. Burns wanted us to paint fruit. Such a simple, boring, waste of resources. If you can create something magical, then why not do it? So, I created a painting of Underland. I knew she would call the men in the white coats. They always did when I mentioned any of my friends or Underland in general.
At lunch, I sat at the table with them again. I quite enjoyed their company. They did not dislike me like the other students did.
"So, Celia, you live close?" Rosalie asked. I met her eyes and shrugged, looking back down at my book. I did not mind their questions, I just did not know her definition of 'close'. My 'close' could have been her 'far'.
"Celia." Edward spoke. His voice gave me a funny feeling, and I locked eyes with him for much longer than I planned to.
"Yes?" I asked.
"My family and I would like to invite you to have dinner with our parents tomorrow night." He said kindly.
'do you suppose I should go, Hatter?' I asked silently, still staring at the funny boy in front of me.
'do you suppose you could get there on time?' the rabbit criticized, making me roll my eyes. Edward gave me a funny look.
'do you suppose you could let the Hatter answer, considering I was asking him?' I shot back, making my mind go quiet before a giddy voice replied.
'yes! Go, Alice!' I huffed at the name, but answered Edward hastily.
"Of course, I'd love to go." I smiled kindly.
'oh, this should be fun.' the grinning cat's voice invaded my head.

The next day I got to school early again, much to the rabbit's pleasure. Once again, the odd family called me over to stand by them. I wore a denim dress that day.

"Aren't you cold?" Asked Edward

"Aren't you cold?" Asked Edward. He reminded me a bit of the Mad Hatter.
"No, sir." I replied politely. Jasper chuckled, though I didn't understand why as Edward punched his arm.
'these people are odd. I'm not sure I like it.' the hare's shaky voice whispered.
'nonsense. We're all mad here.' the cat snapped back.
A gust of wind blew by, and then I actually was chilly. Before I could tell them I was going to grab my jacket, I felt one being slung over my shoulders.
Edward stood in front of me, holding his clothing over me.
'oh, how polite' the flowers chirped in my mind.
I wore Edwards jacket all day. It smelled nice. I got a detention in Biology. At lunch, I told the family.
"I have detention after school, so I may be late to your supper. I apologize." I said, still looking at my book.
"Why did you get a detention?" Emmett asked, curiously.
"Curiosity killed the cat, Mr. Cullen." I said, blankly staring at him. His face turned serious and he leaned forward slightly.
"Satisfaction brought it back, Miss Liddel."
"How do you know my last name?" I asked curiously.
"It's been around the school." He mumbles. I nod, it made sense. People in this town lived off of rumors to spread.
"I'll stay after school with you, then I can just give you a ride to our home when you get out." Edward said.
'oh, how polite' the flowers in my head chirped again.
'oh shut it. he's only doing it to be the manly man! I say we stick it to him, Alice!' the dormouse spoke. I sighed, before nodding and smiling at Edward.
"That would be nice. Thank you."