Smirking, Smiles, and Sneaky Sam

"Wow." Celia breathed out. Sam smirked at the small blonde as she stared with innocent curiosity.
He had called one of his packmates from running patrol around the native reservation to his home. The wolf was showing off, and Celia heard Sam refer to it as "Jared."
His chocolate colored fur was shaggy and stood out against his caramel eyes, which danced with mischief and pride.
Celia held a hand out with twitching fingers, and began to tentatively step toward the giant canine, who on all four stood just taller than Celia's full height. A tongue the size of the girl's forearm rolled out of the mouth of what could be mistaken as a monster at first glance.
Her fingers twitch hard at first contact with the long fur, but she goes right back in, gripping a handful of the dirty hair in her hand. She tugged slightly, testing her limits with the wolf. It was obvious that he really was a human in an animals body.
A warning growl rumbled through him as she tugged harder, and she apologized softly, detaching her hand from him.
The wolf looked to his alpha for instructions, and with a nod ran off into the forest again.
"Jared is my beta," Sam explained, "for now it's just us and our third member, Paul." Celia nodded to show her understanding, and knew her end of the deal they had made was going to need to be held up soon.
Sam and Celia had agreed, if she saw one of them and if he answered her questions, she would have to answer his. Her phone dinged again, another message from a Cullen, and she sighed softly.
"Okay, I know all I needed." Celia decided, making Sam nod and smile lightly.
"How were you unconscious? Is it part of your gift as a vampire?" He asked. The two began walking back toward the house and once they got inside, Celia hoisted herself onto the kitchen counter.
"Yes. It is part of my gift, though I wasn't unconscious, really." She began, continuing when the alpha shifter raised an eyebrow.
"My gift is to travel through realities, dimensions, or universes. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia as a human, because I would often see and hear things that weren't there, but as a vampire I realize I've been travelling to other places that other people simply cannot fathom." She said, a whimsical sweetness in her voice. Sam seemed to be taking it in, and Celia listened carefully to his strong heartbeat.
It was peculiar for her to think that he was supposedly someone she was meant to hate.
"When were you turned?" Sam asked, his eyes dark and his jaw set. Celia blinked at him. Something told her she wasn't supposed to tell him. He took a step toward her, making her straighten her back, and asked again.
"Samuel, I believe it's time for me to go." Celia whispered, hopping off the counter.
He couldn't do anything to stop her. He wanted to point out the treaty, he wanted to threaten her, but at the same time he wanted to watch her walk out, looking around at everything with the innocence and wonder of a newborn baby. He wanted to watch her tilt her head and brush her fingers against the purple flower in the woods, he wanted to watch her run with a smile and skip with pride.
So he did.
And it was wonderful.
And it ended too soon, when the treaty line came and she turned back to look at him. Her small smile and wave proved that he wasn't as sneaky as he thought.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello everybody! I am so, so sorry for the long wait and so, so sorry for the short chapter, but this was an important chapter for you guys and for Celia and the others. Thanks you so much for all the comments and follows. Thank you for reading my work and I urge you to check out my other stories! Thanks so much!
Love,
CallieLynne