Sad, Sweaty, and Stares

On a cloudy day in the cloudiest town in the country, a knock echoed through the Cullen home. Celia was alone. Despite being top of the food chain, she cowered in Edwards room silently, pulling his curtains closed along the walls.
A full five minutes later, another knock. Gentle, yet firm. Celia knew she couldn't be seen and the home was nothing but glass walls. There was no way for her to see who it was and not get caught.
That's why she was so grateful when a voice rang out.
"Celia? I know you're in there," the voice shouted.
Celia darted down the stairs after a moment of hesitation, and through the glass wall she saw a familiar figure. She opened the door slowly, only enough that it wasn't rude.
"He doesn't know I'm here." The guest whispered ashamedly, making Celia sigh and open the door all the way. She just couldn't say no to Emily's soft voice and face.
Celia eyed the healing scars, stretching from her hairline to her jaw. She made no move to look away from the monstrous marks.
"You shouldn't be here, Emily," Celia finally spoke, holding her breath.
"I know, but... Jared told me that he called--" Celia raised a hand to stop the woman.
"Emily, you shouldn't be here." Celia said again, more harsh this time. For the first time since she had received Jared's call, over a month ago, she was feeling anger over the situation. She usually just felt sad.
"I-i know, but--" Emily attempted to argue, her voice much smaller than before as the vampire glared at the floor.
"No! You don't know! You need to leave before Sam finds out where you are and--" Celia was cut off by a long, loud howl ringing through the woods. Emily's face went white and she began to cower into herself.
Celia sighed at the frightened woman.
"It's okay. It's fine. Just-- uh, sit here until he comes, okay?" Celia guided the human to the couch and sat at the opposite side.
"I just need you to know that, the boys liked you," Emily whispered. Celia knew she was trying to help, but it only made Celia's frozen heart break a little more.
"I liked them, too." She eventually whispered, knowing the wolves would be there any minute. She hoped they would avoid a scene and just leave with their human.
"I was trying to help, I was, but I'm still a newborn, I couldn't control myself..." Celia spoke, her words trailing off into her twiddling fingers.
Emily looked at the small blonde, her hair was in front of her face, and Emily never saw the way her features were twisted and mangled in an attempt not to dry sob. She was just, sad.
Heavy, angry footsteps began through the yard, and Celia met a fuming Sam at the door. She silently pointed toward the living room, while Sam glared daggers at her. Celia once again pointed toward the living room and, as he didn't budge, she spoke.
"Get out of my house and take your human with you." Her features we're stoic but her voice was shaky and cracked on the word "human." With a turn on her heel, she left the room and found herself sitting in the kitchen, listening to the two unwanted guests.
"What were you thinking?" Sam's voice cracked, and Celia envied that he couldn't be mad at Emily.
"I was thinking that you boys treated her like shit in a time that she needed you," Emily spoke heatedly, "she is not a monster, Sam. If she is, she's just as much monster as you. All she wanted was to help and she was trapped in her own mind! She couldn't control herself because hunger took over, and that's not her fault. She's just a kid, Sam, who got caught up in this." Celia pictured Emily gesturing wildly around herself.
It was silent besides the heartbeats and footsteps as Sam approached the kitchen. Celia began to grow worried as he got closer, and she looked at the clock to see her family would be home soon. She knew she had to get Sam out before then.
She turned in the barstool slowly to meet his eyes. He leaned against the door frame, half naked and sweaty.
"Who turned you, Celia?" He asked, his voice dark as he stared into her golden eyes. She remembered the last time she had seen him.
"Your eyes are looking good, kid."
"Doesn't concern you." She replied.
"Actually, it does." Sam took a step forward menacingly.
"I thought I told you to leave." Celia kept her face stoic, her arms crossing across her chest as she leaned back against the counter in the stool.
"Did they break the treaty?" Sam asked, taking another step forward and clenching his fists.
"Sam, leave." Celia spoke, her voice shaking out of fear.
Edward was then standing between the two and Celia wondered if she even blinked.
"She said to leave, mutt." Edward growled, nearly chest to chest with the wolf.
Celia let her hand touch Edwards bicep as the rest of the 'teenagers' flooded into the room.
"Smells like wet dog." Rosalie complained.
"You broke the treaty, didn't you?" Sam broadened his shoulders, ready for a fight, perhaps, but Celia's hand on Edward was enough for him to worry less about Sam and more about her.
"I think it's time for you to go." Jasper spoke, his eyes dark.
So Sam gathered Emily and they left, but not before Emily stopped and turned to Celia.
"I'm so sorry." She whispered, making Sam sigh and shake his head, leading her out the door.
Celia was frozen, her hand had fallen and she felt the stares of her family on her.