Gabe is alive

Chapter one: Gabe's Alive!

"I bring you a present." Ketch said pulling a withdrawn sorry looking mass of rags into eye line. Sam whimpers recognising the colour under the blood matting the hair and the eyes darting about from each person staring at him to everywhere else check for danger.
"Gabe..." Sam whispers, he can't believe what he was seeing. But his soul mate was dead. The bond lay dormant, the bond they'd created about a month before Elysium and Sam's heartbreak. He'd been so happy, him and Gabe had been inseparable much to Dean's chargrin.
Gabriel didn't even shoot Sam a look he just shrunk further into himself. Sam moved forward taking him from Ketch's grip and leading him to a seat.
Sam's heart broke when he leaned into Gabriel's lips so he could removed the hemp threaded through them. Gabriel just gave him a scared look as he moved the blade closer to his face but he didn't move, clearly more frightened of Sam then the blade.
"It's okay Gabriel we're gonna get you all better before you know it." He tried not to ask where he had been and what had happened to him but Sam didn't want to know the answer. He was afraid that Gabriel would say he'd never died, and that he'd never wanted to come back.
Sam got Gabriel into a room with food and water and let him relax. A few hours went by before Sam couldn't take not knowing anymore. He'd spent them batting Dean's questions off. He didn't know how he was or what he was feeling except, 'fuck, Gabe's back.'

"What happened Gabriel?" The archangel violently shook his head and Sam knew he wasn't going to get anything out of him so he left.

"How is he Sam?" Came the deep voice of his brother in law Cas. Sam looked up, his face hollow, haggard and empty. Cas knew by his face that Sam was struggling with the whole situation. "Have you said anything to him? What about your bond?"

Sam didn't want to go into it but Cas would understand better than Dean and he wouldn't shy away from the conversation like him either, "I asked where he'd been. He hasn't said anything. Not yet."

His answer was halting and quiet but Cas never pushed allowing Sam to get the words passed his own lips when he could, "as for the bond.... it's aching. It's painful enough to see him and not touch him but the bond reverberates within my every time I get close.  He doesn't feel it, at leas I don't think he does but.... well I don't think he even knows who I am! How can we have a bond if my mate has no fucking idea who we are together!"

By the end Sam was struggling to stay straight every inch of him wanted to curl into a ball on the floor and cry until his tears ran dry. He'd been through all his crying when Gabe had died. And then some, Dean had almost lost him twice in the months following the hotel fiasco with Lucifer. Through Sam being unable to face the days, or nights, without Gabriel. His scars would forever mark what he had tried to do.

"I'm sure that given time he'll come around Sam, give him time." Sam nodded, he knew this. It was why he'd not pushed his luck too much yet, however, his patience was slowly dwindling into nothing. He just had to hold his emotions in check until an opportune time to get away.

Days passed and Gabriel barely moved. Always in the same spot on the bed. Always still covered in blood. And always in his rags.

Sam checked in to regularly just to reassure himself that Gabriel was still there more than anything else. One day he broke. He couldn't stand this stand still they were in, " please Gabriel. We need you! I need you! I need to come back to me! Where were you? What happened to you?"

When Gabriel didn't answer Sam left. He snuck to one of the empty rooms deeper into the bunker and cried his ever present blade held loosely in his hand. He shouldn't, not really, but it called out to him. Taking a tighter grip he was about to make the first slice when he heard someone calling for him. Jumping he replaced the blade in his boot holster before crossing his arms over his knees.
It wasn't long before Dean came in. His brother took in his face and posture in the corner before taking him by the arm and leading him down to his room. " you're gonna stay in with me for a while Sam. I know you need help coping and Cas is going to continue keeping an eye Gabriel. Let's get you to bed."

Sam nodded. For now he was safe from himself but how long would the last.

The end of chapter one!!!
What did you guys think? It was written on my phone so god know what errors I have. This is my first story on here and I actually haven't written in a very long time.