Shattered bonds.

Part 3. This is where Gabe gets his revenge. I apologise guys if it's bit hard reading. I'm writing this on my phone. Please let me know what you think. Good or bad. I feel like these might be a bit rushed. But I'm trying I swear!

Sam and Dean were on a hunt. Sam had forgotten what it was. He'd mostly just floated through the weeks since he'd seen Gabriel. Dean only allowed him a weapon when they hunted, but Sam had craved that pain more then he'd ever craved anything including demon blood. So without Dean's knowledge he'd snuck away a small knife and started small cuts on his thighs. It helped a little bit not nearly as badly as he needed it. However with Dean on almost constant alert he'd been forced to take what he could, where he could.

And then Gabriel just stumbled back into Sam's life like nothing matter. His shirt was bloody but he had a grin on his face. It might have fooled Dean or Cas but not Sam. What Asmodouche has done the the Archangel was affecting him badly, "what haven't you healed your self?"

"No grace left." Came the reply and Sam could of sworn he'd heard a quiver in Gabe's voice. "Don't suppose you boys have any left?"
Dean frowned, as soon as Gabe came a knocking Sammy had perked up and he knew, he knew that this wasn't going to end well, " I need your help boys. I took out Fenrir but..."

He pointed at the wound on his abdomen as he slouched onto the sofa. Sam moved towards him with first aid kit in hand. He set to work on Gabriel's wound trying not read to much into the fact Gabe was there, that he was touching him. He kept mostly quiet just asking slight questions.

Before either brother knew it the were in some hotel hunting down Sleipnir and Narfi. 'Gabe's hot when he's pissed.' Sam thought before he caught himself. He let Gabe deal with one while he dealt with the other, it wasn't long before they went chasing after Dean. Sam got there first hearing the last of a 'this is your fault' speech. Sam could only guess Dean meant him. That if Gabe had never been given to Asmodouche then he would never of forgotten Sam...

Sam almost laughed in total despair. Even now, Dean was looking out for him. And Gabriel was there sword through Loki and sneer on him face. Sam watched as Loki slipped to the floor. His face so much like Gabe's, he supposed it would be, it is after all where Gabriel got it from.

They made their way back out the building. Sam dragged along behind, he knew Gabriel might leave after this and he didn't want to face that decision, not yet.

Dean gave him a look asking if he was OK, Sam nodded. He wasn't but while Gabriel was there, within earshot, he wasn't going to say anything out loud, "so Loki's dead, how are you feeling?"

"I'm a whole new man Sam. No more tricks or pranks either." The angel smiled up at Sam like his genuinely believed it, " got to grow up at some point right?"

Sam smiled, the first genuine smile in a while and ducked his head. Maybe he could get by know that Gabriel, at least, was happy. And as it turned out Gabriel was returning with them to the bunker. Sam, however, didn't know how he would handle having Gabriel in such close proximity. Within touching and speaking distance, pretty much at all times.

He knew that this, this was going to break him.

It didn't take long for Gabe to settle in. That along with facing apocalypse earth Sam was on edge. They had Cas and Rowena in the bunker with them and with so many eyes Sam was struggling. He knew Dean was there but he felt like he couldn't get to him every time he tried someone interrupted them. He'd taken to slipping away to one of the rooms further into the bunker and peacefully letting his pent up emotions loose.

It was one particular day that Sam and Dean where talking on their way back to the library where Sam stopped. Stopped breathing, stopped seeing and stopped feeling.

There was Gabriel having just come out of hiding with Rowena. Hair everywhere book in front of him. And the bond shattered, almost audibly as Sam ran.
He ran to the room he'd found in the deep depths of the bunker and slid down the wall. Before he knew it the blade was already out and across the skin of his forearms. He did this until he had cried out his tears and felt a little better.
He cleaned up his blood as best he could before moving back up towards the kitchen and beer.

Dean caught Sam coming into the kitchen looking pale and drawn just as Sam collapsed from blood loss. Dean caught himbefore he hit the ground but it was too late, "CAS!!!!!"

The Seraph popped in out of god know where at Dean's screech, only to see what Sam in Dean's arms. He nodded, took Sam and popped back out again. He'd leave Dean to figure out what what wrong. He left to rage at the Archangel while Cas helped his brother.

And by help he means he eased Sam into a deep sleep. One only he could wake the hunter from. He hoped by the time he woke Sam something about this situation had been sorted. He leaned over Sam checking him for injuries and found the slice on his arms, he sighed healing him. He'd have to tell Dean and he wasn't gonna be happy about it.

He returned to Dean's side only to hear him speak in what he could only describe as his most deadliest voice, " how could you? You!"

He growled pointing at Gabriel, " I know you hear his thoughts. I know you know how he feels and I know you don't remember but fuck sake Gabriel couldn't you have hidden it better. He's your fucking mate and you have done nothing but continuously break him into tiny fucking pieces."

I don't think I've ever heard him swear so much. Luckily he wasn't setting in on Rowena yet but he doubted it'd be long, " I've put him into a coma like state. He won't wake til I wake him. The, er, the bond shattered. There's nothing there and if I hadn't he would likely be dead already if not soon, cut himself, not in anywhere dangerous but...."

Dean broke, he broke for his brother because he knew that Sam would never be alright again. And he just turned and walked away. Unable to say anything to anyone due to his anger. And for the first time since he moved into the bunker he went to the gym Sam had set up and pounded it out into the punching bag. Screams and growls were all that was heard throughout the bunker that night.