Ending

Chuck and Gabriel arrived back in Gabriel's room. His vessel still lay on his bed and with a bright glow the two Gabriel's merged and his vessel sat up, "thanks for bringing me back Dad."
Chuck smiled, "that's not all I'm going to be doing. I think it's time your aunt and I took back control, don't you?"
"Yes I do. There's one small issue, there's only approximately 10 angels left in existence..." Chuck sighed, he knew this, it was one of the reasons he was making the decision he was. Gabriel stood and moved to the door, clearly in a rush to see Sam. He reached his hunters door and hesitated before turned the handle.
What he found broke his heart and simultaneously gave him hope for his brother. Sam was huddled unseeing and unmoving in the corner and Lucifer was singing and song and keeping a close eye on the hunter. "Lucifer..."
"Oh my dad, Gabriel! You're alive!" Sam didn't even twitch at his name which saddened him further but he graciously accepted the hug from his brother and smiled.
"Thank you Lucifer, for taking care of him." Lucifer smiled, the lines in his vessel easing slightly. This was all he'd ever wanted. And admittedly he could see his fathers point now. They were better in every flawed way.
"No problem little brother. I'll leave you to him, just angel radio me if you need anything! I hope you get through." Gabriel didn't need to say 'me too' as he knew Lucifer knew, "save your mate little brother."
Gabriel smiled, he hadn't known that Lucifer aware that he'd mated with Sam but he supposed that the situation kind of led to that conclusion. He crept forward towards Sam as his brother left and crouched before the empty man before him. "Hey Sam.... you in there Samsquatch?"
Sam didn't twitch until Gabriel put his hand on Sam's arm. The movement was explosive and the shout horse as he violently moved away from Gabriel, "don't touch me!"
"You used to enjoy me touching you Sam." Gabriel couldn't help the lewd sentence, turned out the reply caught Sam's attention and his head flew up to look Gabriel in the face.
"No, don't do this to me, just let me die in peace please. No more hallucinations!" Sam's words yanked a chocked sob from Gabriel's chest.
"I'm real Sam, Chuck turned up, he came and got me from the empty, I swear it me!" His reply was earnest and hopeful. Sam's eyes focussed on his face some of the emptiness and recent insanity leaving as he took in the features of Gabriel's face. Gabriel took the chance to look at the rest of Sam's. His hair was  greasy and sticking out everywhere, his skin was shallow and what little tan the hunter had naturally was gone, in its place was a paleness that told him how little Sam had seen daylight.
Sam's hand reached up to the face he'd been studying and touched his fingers to his cheek obviously expecting it to be an apparition or a hallucination still. What Sam's fingers settled firmly on his skin, his palm following, Sam's face lit up in a grin before he dragged Gabriel in to a kiss that would leave them both breathless.

...........

Lucifer made his way into the library his face a smile and there was a bounce in his step. He went straight to Chuck and pulled him into a deep hug. He whispered, "thanks Dad, so much, also I'm so sorry I didn't see it before!"
Chuck shook his head, "no I'm sorry, for enforcing it on you."
With that said Lucifer pulled away, discreetly wiping his tears and informing them that Gabriel was with Sam. Dean wasn't sure how to feel about that until Chuck said his outlined plan for sorting everything out. He was going to go and judge every angel alive or dead for their actions. Provide a path for redemption or leave them in the empty. And he was gonna hell Amara take hell under control with Crowley. Hopefully after the everything would settle down.
It wasn't long before the angels had to soundproof the library with a chuckle and a lewd joke on behalf of Sam and Gabriel.
A couple of hours went by as Lucifer introduced Jack to Chuck and they got started in on helping Chuck with taking back control. Sam and Gabriel finally made an appearance, huge smiles on their faces, " next time Sam gag him, he's quite loud!"
Sam blushed bright red and Gabriel chuckled before opening his mouth to reply to Dean before closing his mouth and shrugging. Dean wasn't wrong calling Sam the top in their relationship.
Despite not wanting to let Gabriel go for fear he'd disappear Sam moved over to his brother for a big hug.

....

As you can see, things turned out well in the end. Chuck and Amara restores order in heaven and hell. Heavens lights remained on as many angels were returned with the understanding that most were on guardian angel duty for some of their crimes. Raphael and Micheal were returned also and Chuck had argued with them about the apocalypse for hours before they apologised.
Dean and Castiel settled back into their own bond now that their was no trouble they only hunted the little things; vampires, werewolves, Demons or angels that went off the reservation, which only happened once.
Sam and Gabriel stayed in the bunker becoming the new Bobby team for other hunters; providing research, badges; back up on the phones and more. Their own bond settled back down quickly they eventually adopted kids. Many, many kids as Gabriel always wanted loads.
It turned out that with the little bit of grace, and some secret help from Chuck, that both Sam and Dean would never grow old or die so long as they had their angels with them. And with some tweaking Chuck made it so if they, or any other angel who loved or mated with a human, ever did die they would go to heaven instead of the empty.
Lucifer turned out to be a pretty great dad himself. He and Jack ended up helping around heaven a lot, making sure it was run smoothly if Chuck ever needed to take a break.
All this that came through the rift stayed. They'd found their paradise and between them and the archangels managed to empty the apocalypse of any other humans left alive. They were distributed after rehabilitation and given identities and found jobs.
Mostly everything settled down into normality. A happy normality that last centuries after most had passed away.

The end.

Thanks for reading guys. This is now complete.