Gabriels POV

Chuck looked at Gabriel's prone body laid out on his bed, the room was sparse due to having only been back for a while. The walls were still covered in his story. He took the time to read though it word by word. He struggled when I came to detailing his torture at the hands of Asmodeus. What he really needed to know was how Gabriel had thought about Sam. Before and after this had happened, during was a different matter. He didn't want to bring up the memories again for him and he was hoping that the emotional information he was looking for would be scattered in the most recent memories.
Chuck took the time to lock the door, if he was going in to the empty he didn't want anyone following him, they could get hurt and he'd already let enough of that happen.
He entered into the blackness and immediately began looking for Gabriel's sleeping body. It wasn't long until he came across the being that kept this place in shape, "I didn't think you'd ever visit this place again."
"I'm here for Gabriel." Chuck wasn't feeling like small talk, he just wanted his son and to leave. "I will take my son and go."
The creature nodded and led him towards Gabriel's sleeping, for a lack of a better word, soul. They woke him and Chuck sat in front of him as he came round.
"Who the hell are you? And where in creation am I?" His voice slightly scratchy in his awakening state before he took a closer look at the man in front of him. It took most of Chuck's will not to dip his head in shame, he knew he deserved everything he got from his children but he'd have to sort that out after this.
"Hello Gabriel, I'm here to gather information so I can make an informed rescission regarding you and Sam." Chuck intoned slowly. Gabriel glanced around, his face lit up in a guarded way, he still didn't know who he was or what was going on, but the mere thought of Sam.... "and as for you're questions, I'm, errrr, well this vessel is called Chuck so let's go with that and I'm your father."
It sounded like a cheesy novel, however it looked like Gabriel was going to take it better then expected, " and as to where you are, we are in the empty."
"I did really die then? Is Sam okay?" Chuck really did dip his head this time before shaking it slightly. Gabriel whimpered at the thought of Sam struggling even slightly, "I need to help him. If you really are God then you need to take me back."
"I need to do something first. I need to look through your memories, I leave that time alone but your ones with Sam, I need to see them." Gabriel nodded, he'd do anything to get back to Sam.

I found my mate, it was a human male and he was beautiful and damaged. His brother was counting his days down until he was going to the pit and he knew his mate would be unlikely to survive his older brothers death. Maybe there was something I could do.

......

I'd trapped Sam in a loop, a loop where his brother died a hundred different ways. I just wanted him to get used to the idea that he'd be without his brother but he wasn't getting it.
I ended up switching out my syrup for strawberry to see how close Sam was watching. He saw it and pinned me against the fence with the stake.
It wouldn't work but the look on Sam's face was beautiful. I set it straight with a twist and left. Dean was shot and I had hoped that Sam had learnt his lesson he hadn't.

.....

I'd reset everything with a heavy heart. I didn't like hurting Sam but I needed him to be stronger.

......

Sam had been drinking demon blood and sleeping with that whore! I hate her! I warned Sam that something wasn't right but he wouldnt listen.

.....

I may have trapped them both in a tv. Dean had been to hell and back and Sam had kicked his addiction and was with Dean again. But Lucifer was free. It was funny watching them in game shows and dr sexy. I may have put Sam in a genital herpes advert.
They did manage to catch me in a ring of holy fire and made me reveal who I was but Sam had a small smile and I think he already knew.