Part 13 (Ivor)

(Yup. Still in the other world..)

(Note: Ivor now hides out in the old Order's temple)

Ivor very slowly poured his new potion into one of his old ones. Once it was entirely gone, he stepped back to watch the blue and yellow mix slowly forming a glowing green. He smiled. "I think it worked. Fifty three tries might actually pay off after all!"

He carefully picked up the bottle and examined it, "Let's give it a try." He carried it to the other side of the room. He stopped in front of his slice of bread. He tilted the bottle and poured the liquid over it.

(You may be confused with what he's doing. He's trying to create a potion that can change the flavor of something to whatever you want it to taste like at that moment. ((Wouldn't that be awesome?)) 

He was getting tired of the same old bread and vegetables he's had for years straight. He dared to go into town disguised to get supplies occasionally, but other than that, he avoided any contact with anyone else. He didn't want to risk getting caught. If he was, he'd be imprisoned for sure. Even now that it's been many years and everyone was rescued by the twins (from what he heard), and the cities were now redone, he still found wanted posters with his face plastered on every last one. 

To this day, I still regret creating the wither storm. I thought I could just scare Gabriel, and show everyone how much of a liar he is. It didn't turn out that way though. And the twins, they were two of the annoying kids who snuck into my (now abandon) lair that day. They were too brave for their own good, stupid as a matter of fact. One of them got badly injured. Injuries heal in time, but I'll never forgive myself for the other twin who died. I killed someone. I never thought that someone would die trying to stop the monster I created. He turned his head to look at the newspaper he picked up right after the wither storm was defeated. It had been tacked to the wall ever since he got it. The cover was called "HEROIC TWINS JESS AND JESSE DEFEAT WITHER STORM" and below it says "JESS DIED HONORABLY AND JESSE IS IN A COMA. HOW CAN WE EVER REPAY THEM?"

It had a picture of Jess running straight towards the storm with Jesse not far behind. Determination filled both their eyes as they ran towards what would change their lives forever. Ivor blinked a couple of times to get rid of the tears that were starting to form, Stop it Ivor. How many times do I have to tell you that you can't change what you've already done? The past is the past and now you have to suffer the consequences.

He shifted his focus back onto the slice of bread in front of him. He didn't feel hungry anymore, but he just had to know if the potion worked. He lifted up the bread, the potion had dissolved into the bread; yet, it wasn't soggy or green. He imagined cookies and took a bite.

A flavor kind of like barley and catfood mixed filled his mouth. His eyes widened and he spit it out, coughing. So much for it possibly working. Maybe I should just be done with this.

After rinsing his mouth out and throwing away the bread, he sighed and sat on the old couch he found in the temple. Some would say that being alone as much as Ivor does would make one crazy, but he embraced it. He deserved it for what he'd done. Sulking and alone for the rest of his life. He was an old man anyways. But he hasn't had a girlfriend for thirty years, and hasn't had friends since the Order of The Stone kicked him out of the group.

Knock, knock.

Ivor jumped. He was caught! He had to hide! He ran from his place on the couch and hid in his large cabinet in his living room. He shut the cabinet pulled out a tiny piece of glowstone from his inventory and set it in front of him. There were holes in the back of the cabinet so he could get air from in between the wall and cabinet so he could breathe. He made this cabinet for emergencies, but never expected needing it. How could someone find an old temple like this in the middle of nowhere?

It's called a cabinet because it's small on the outside, but when you go inside, you can go down some steep steps to go into a secret basement. 

The door got knocked down with a crash.

Ivor held his breath.

"Ivor!" A deep voice called out.

Ivor froze. Whoever was here, knew that Ivor was here as well. He stayed silent and still. He was scared that if he went down the stairs now, he would be heard and get caught.

"Ivor! We know you're here!" Another voice. This time, it was a little bit higher, must be a girl.

"Are you sure he's here?" Another girl asked. A male followed, "He has to be. I don't know where else he'd go."

How many people are there?

He heard footsteps going in all directions. Luckily, he had no pictures of himself on the walls. He wasn't really a fan of his looks.

"Hey guys! Come look at this!" Another girl called out.

The footsteps returned. An oink as well. A pig was here?

"Wow! The newspaper from right after the wither storm was defeated?"

"I told you guys he's not as bad of a guy as you think he is. Why else would he keep this newspaper?" A guy stated.

Ivor gaped. Someone was defending him? I thought everyone hated me. What on earth is that guy thinking? I killed someone and hurt many others. I changed history for the worse and here he is saying I'm good?

Good. The word sounded odd to Ivor. Especially when it was describing him.

"Maybe he's right." Another guy said, "I mean, he never talked to anyone again. He obviously doesn't want to harm people anymore than he did."

"I still don't believe it." A girl said, "He created that monster and ran to save himself. He didn't care about anyone else." She walked away before anyone could say anything.

A few minutes passed and people continued searching. Ivor was dying to know who was saying all of those good things about him.

"This has to be his place." Someone said. "Look at all of these potions!"

"Let's look harder. He has to be here somewhere." A girl said, "Ivor. We know you're here. You can come out now and make it easier, or you can stay hidden and we will hunt you down."

Ivor gulped.

A few more minutes passed, and footsteps neared the cabinet he was hiding in. 

Ivor held his breath as they stopped right in front of him.

Someone grabbed the handle...