Chapter 8

"The first thing we need to do, is make a game plan." Aunt Katelyn says as she leads me to an extra room where I can stay. Once we get there, she pulls at a pen and paper for planning. I go over and lock the door so no one can come in. "Got any ideas?"

I think for a second before asking, "Any major events coming up?"

"A masked ball."

"Okay, we have to lure him here instead of going to him. Make it open to the public and we have to advertise me as much as possible. Get everyone excited, so excited that the news will carry to America. Get me on every news station in America. Once he sees I'm going to be there and its open to the public, he'll come. I can lure him away, and boom. He's dead."

"You're making it sound like a piece of cake." She gives a small laugh. After a moment of silent thinking she says "You're going to need someone to help you. Do you have anyone you trust besides family members?"

"Well there is this one boy, his name is Karson."

She nods. "We can get him the soonest flight here to help."

My eyes go wide as I start to panic, "Wow, wow, wow, hold up. This is a deadly mission and you're going to volunteer someone to help me without asking them?"

She smirks, "I am the queen right?"

I roll my eyes and laugh.

***

Not long after we made the game plan, I call Karson, he agrees, and is already on a flight here. Before I know it, people are already fitting me for coronation and dance dresses.

Within hours I'm all the rage in Europe. My phone blows up with notifications of like and new followers on instagram. At 2 o'clock I'm dressed in a red dress that comes in at the waist and poofs out at the bottom. I walk out onto the balcony with a camera filming me on the side. People are lined in the streets to watch me give this important announcement. I project my voice even though I have a mic. "Hello, you may have heard about me by now, and if you haven't, my name is Melina White. I'm from America and in 6 days, not only will I have my 16th birthday, but I will have my coranation to become you all's new queen." I take a brief pause and everyone claps. "As your soon to be queen, I am announcing that in 5 days, as a pre- birthday celebration we will be hosting a masked ball here in the palace. Everyone is invited, I hope to see you all there." The camera stops recording and the earpiece I'm wearing tells me the live broadcast is over. I walk inside to be greeted by my Aunt and her husband. I spread out my hands "How was that?"
The king and queen both smile and laugh. The king answers with "It was perfect." I take a moment to smile.

"Karson will be here tomorrow morning." Aunt Katelyn says.

"Okay, good." I replay.

"In the meantime let's go have dinner." Says the king.

Dinner wasn't very eventful. Nobody really talked and whenever they did it was to Aunt K or King George about papers they needed to sign about giving away the crown to me. When everyone was excited I quickly walked up to my room. When I got inside, I kicked off the annoying high heels, and put on a nice pair of leggings and a tank top. I fell asleep awfully quickly, already exhausted from what the next couple of days were going to bring.

***

When I wake up I'm greeted by the face of my aunt trying to wake me up. I moan and say "Try again later." putting the pillow over my face and digging myself deeper into the covers.

She giggles "Your guest it here." Her voice is like a song.

For a second my heart stops, thinking my uncles already here. No. He's to early I'm not ready. Then another thought comes into my mind.

I slowly pull my face from under the covers and my face brightens a little "Is it Karson?" I whisper.

She giggles again "Yep."

I quickly shove all of the covers off of me, jump out of bed, and start getting ready. My aunt just throws her head back and laughs. She looks in the mirror when I'm doing my hair, "Somebody's got a crush, huh?" She chants. I roll my eyes and laugh.

I grab a white dress that poofs out a little, is shorter in the front and gets longer in the back. I pair it with a black belt to take it in more and some black heels. I keep my long hair flowing but pin a section of it to the side. I slowly walk down the stairs, making sure I don't trip in these heels.

Karson waits for me at the bottom of the stairs, he looks stunned. "Wow, you look, gorgeous Melina." He blushes and so do I.

"Thanks." I say. We stand there looking at each other for a couple minutes. I only thought I have is,

Maybe the next couple days won't be bad if I know I'll be stuck next to him 24/7.