Chapter8

Two weeks later Bill and Harry were standing near the doors of the big room where the staff meeting was to be held, hidden under Harry's invisibility cloak and watching the teachers settle down. The only ones aware of the identity of the new professor were Albus, Minerva, Pompom and Remus who had taken over the position of DCFM. When everyone was settled, Albus spoke:

- My dear friends, I would like to introduce our new defense professor against the forces of evil: Professor Lupine!

There was enthusiastic applause from most of the faculty, delighted to have a competent colleague back in this position. Only Professor Snape had a disgusted grin, since for the fifteenth year in a row he had not won the position he coveted.

- I also have the honor to inform you that from this year, a new subject will be taught to the seventh years wishing to make a career in the offices of the ministry: international relations!

- And how are you going to find someone to teach this interesting 'oh how much' subject Albus? Snape asked sarcastically

- Actually I had initially thought you entrust this post Severus, he answered seriously making his colleagues giggle and scowling a little more the other man, but after reflection, I realized that it was perhaps not not your favorite subject. So I made contact with someone with a lot of experience in this area to offer to teach and I received a positive response. The only condition that this person has posed is that her husband lodges in his neighborhoods during the school year, which I of course accepted.

"But Albus," interrupted Severus, "the rules forbid anyone to live at the castle unless it is part of the staff unless it is indispensable for its protection!

I know the rules as well as you Severus, but rest assured, her husband is already present at the college. He will simply have to move his business to his new home.

- And who married this summer without warning anyone? If you had not been so revolted, I would have thought you were Severus since you would be quite capable of hiding something so important. Said Ms. Hooch, the flight instructor, laughing lightly.

One 'do not be stupid' was mumbled by the Potions Master before Professor Vector linked up:

- But maybe you're Filius in this case?

- I can assure you my dear that it is not me.

-But who then? Moreover, we have none of our colleagues who had a wedding plan ... unless ... Remus?

At these words, everyone turned to him.

- No, it's not me. Besides, you know very well that werewolves are forbidden to have children.

-Wait, do you mean that our new teacher is going to have a child? Mrs. Sprout asked. Then realizing that Albus had not mentioned anything about it, she added:

And besides, how are you aware of Remus?

- Well it happens to be a couple that I know very well and they are very nice.

Snape's snort of contempt.

Lupine ignored it and continued:

- Our colleague will actually be dad in a little less than 4 months but anyway it should not disturb the course since it is not he who carries the child but his companion!

- But I thought you hired a woman! Snape replied quickly, turning to the director.

- But I never said that Severus! I think they should not be late. In the meantime, I would like to tell you about one of our students who for medical reasons will have a schedule arranged for a while ... At least until Christmas I think. Pompom, if you want to continue?