Chapter eleven

I push open the door leading to the pool after changing into my bathing suit. When I got a text saying 'meet me at the pool today after school' I was surprised because I hadn't given Cohen my number. But I remembered giving it to an eager Logan, who then must have passed it on to him. I don't know why people say Logan is a bad boy. He acts like a child in a candy store most of the time but since we don't really talk a lot there is much I don't know about him.

I had gotten the cellphone as a gift from Claudia and John yesterday, even though I told them I couldn't accept it, they insisted that it's so they can contact me whenever they need to.

"You actually came," Cohen's sexy voice says behind me.

I turn around to see him in a pair of swim shorts and a t-shirt. I had told Cooper I was going to the library and I would text him when I was finished so that he can come pick me up. I didn't even want Cooper knowing I was taking lessons from Cohen.

"When I didn't get a text back I figured you had backed out," he continues, pulling off his shirt.

My eyes travel down his toned chest, past the little bit of dark hair, till they reach the band of his shorts. My tongue darts out to wet my dry lips and I can't help but wonder what it would be like to touch his flat stomach.

He clears his throat, snapping my gaze up to his face, where a faint smirk curls his luscious lips. A blush rises to my cheeks and I clear my throat, "I need to so I can pass the class".

He nods and starts to remove the pool cover.

"Are we allowed to be here?" I fidget with my fingers.

"Yeah," he grunts, the smooth muscles of his back rippling with effort. "I know the teacher personally. He allowed us. I just told him I wanted more practice for class."

He finishes with the pool cover and tells me to get in the shallow end. I swallow hard and do as he says. My hands ball into fists at my side and my eyes shut tight trying to fight against the anxiety I feel bubbling up inside me.

I feel his hand rest on my shoulder, "You don't have to be afraid, Lorelai. I'm right here."

My hands uncurl and I open my eyes to look at him, he continues, "We're going to start with you floating on your back and I'm going to hold you up. This is to establish trust between us before we start the actual lessons."

He wants to submerge my body in the water? I start to shake my head but he silences any protests by holding up his hand, "I'll be here the whole time. Nothing is going to happen to you."

I grimace but nod anyway. He makes his way behind me and puts his arm around my shoulders. The familiar sparks start up but I ignore them as best as I can.

"Lean back slowly."

I start to lean back, my heart skipping a beat, but when I look up I swear my heart stops completely. His face is so close to mine I can see the swirls of dark green in his eyes. His other arm goes behind my lower back and soon my legs float up from underneath me. I grip his arm with my hands to keep from sinking and close my eyes.

"It's alright, Lorelai," he whispers.

His voice soothes me and I loosen my grip on him slightly. We stand there like that for a few moments until I get the courage to let go of his arm completely. That's when it happens. I feel his arms come out from under me and my eyes fly open. My arms and legs jerk making my body sink. Water rushes up my nose and the chlorine stings my eyes. Cohen's hand grabs my arm to pull me up but I quickly push him off me.

"You jerk! What was that?" I shout angrily, pushing my hair off my face.

His eyes widen and his mouth opens but no sound comes out. He's shocked that I yelled at him and truthfully so am I.