Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

                        What was the point of having a father when he didn’t help you out when you needed him the most? Hyun-jae asked herself later that night. She returned home, through the snow, to ask her dad one tiny favor, and he’d turned away and told her in certain terms that he had no intentions of doing any favors for her at all, no matter how small. She turned away angrily and stamped her feet in frustration.

                        Mr. Lee was still a good looking man of fifty-five, and the greatest dad in the world Hyun-jae knew, he was also one of the most stubborn adults she had ever known!

                       “Come on Dad, I’ve tried every other way I can think of. I’ve rung their record company, their management company, I’ve even bought a ticket for their concert! But there’s no way that I can get an interview with super junior!”

                        Her dad smiled, he shook his head sympathetically. “Then you’ll just have to accept the fact you can’t interview them!”

                        “No way! If I got an exclusive interview with them, I could sell it to the news papers! It would look so good on my records – the only reporter in the country to get an interview with the most up - and – coming boy band around. And not just any reporter, but a

school reporter at that!”

                         “I know it would..”

                         “hmmm.. you could help me dad, you work in TV! Everyone says you’re one of the best. A great reporter and a TV arts producer too. You know everyone who is anyone, you could use your connections, pull a few strings."

Mr. Lee glanced down at the press release Hyun-jae had brought home with her. “ I probably could,” he agreed and read the name of Suju’s management company, “SHIN’s Promotionals.” The name rang a bell in his head and cast his mind back a few years.

“I met Shindong once, I’ve probably still got his phone number on my file-case.”

“then you’ll help me? You’ll phone up Shindong?” she leaned and kissed his father on the cheek. “OK Dad, you’re the best, and I know you’re going to be so proud of me when you see my interview printed in the papers!”

Mr. Lee shook his head “No darling, I’m not going to help you” he stated firmly.

“What!?” Hyun-jae couldn’t believe what his dad was saying.

“If you want your interview with Super Junior, then that’s fine with me.” He said and stood up from his chair. “But get it yourself. If you really want to be a reporter then you’ll be able to interview them

without my help.”

“But --- “