Chapter 26

A/N

I'm not here for long!

I just wanted to say that surprisingly, we ranked number 1 in the Supermarket category!!

Ah, this is great and I never truly expected it to happen, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Onwards with the story!! 

P.S. Josh to the top.                   ^^^

Nyha.B  :)

Dominique's POV

It had been a few weeks since everything had happened.

I was deeply covered under piles and piles of outstanding assignments that I had placed on hold to help Sammy and Cindy out. I stopped automatically signing papers and clasped my hands together so I could rest my head on them and began reminiscing. I remember all the stress, nervousness, anxiety and a little bit of pain when I searched for my little lover with his best friend. I crunched my hands together so my fingers cracked. 

I also remember his face, on that day and what that pervert did to his body...

I sighed and stood up, paging my assistant to let her know I'd be leaving work early. I've had enough of work today and for some reason, I couldn't focus at all for the day. She tried to convince me to stay and complete all my work before 5 but eventually left it alone since she saw how persistent, or maybe how tired , I was. I waved her goodbye and the front receptionist at her desk as I walked tiredly towards the elevator- even though it was just a few minutes passed 2. I think I'll go surprise Sam at work... I smiled to myself at the idea and pressed the down arrow for the elevator.

"Uh... Dominique?" My assistant called out to me, looking at me confusedly. I frowned as she approached me with her work cell phone in hand, "You have a call." No wonder she's confused. Most calls are received by my receptionist and on rare rare occasion... my assistant.

"Who is it, Carrie?" I sighed as she finally stood in front of me, plopping the device in my outstretched palm. She didn't answer, because she was already on another call on her head set. I rolled my eyes at her as she walked away, snapping at me to hurry up while laughing and chattering on whoever else was on the other line. I was way too tired to respond, so I just watched her leave as I lifted the device to my ear, already dreading the conversation which had yet to begin.

"Hello. You've reached Dominique O'Brian." I stated robotically. Right now, I just wanted to leave this office already, but since I still had Carrie's work phone, I had to step off my elevator and make my way back to her desk.

"Heyyaah." A familiar voice squealed, most likely permanently damaging my eardrum. "You sounded so formal, minnie!" Cindy chuckled. I blushed at her new nickname for me. She started calling me this ever since our friendship grew after the incident with Sammy. Yet no amount of scolding, begging or bribing would change the fact that she liked this nickname and wouldn't stop calling me it. 

I growled at Carrie when she eyed me astonishingly, motioning for her to shut the hell up about me blushing. I frowned and rubbed my nose bridge before, once again, entering my god forsaken office which currently held half a pile of neatly stacked approved files on my desk and the rest laying around haphazardly either on the desk, on the floor. 

I'm pretty sure one was wedged in between my desk chair seat cushions as well.

I shrugged of my coat and sat my briefcase down next to me on my in-office sofa, "What's up, Dee?"

I could literally feel her smile and shrug when she replied with, 'Nothing.'

"That's a lie." I squinted as I gazed outside my large wall of glass onto the street filled with vendors and pedestrians. "You always call me for something-"