Ch.9 Aarons dinner plans

Aarons POV

    It has been five days since Y/n and I had spent that whole day together, I have been meaning to make the pasta I had gotten when Y/n and I went shopping. I wanted to treat her when she wasn't expecting it. We had been staying to our usual schedule, but as of late she had been talking a lot about my sister. Apparently she had a weird business situation come up that had stressed her out but refused to elaborate more to her.

  I glanced at my phone laying down on my counter, it's screen lite up with a notification. I looked at the familiar name and contact picture that had been saved from long ago when I was a senior in high school. 'I'm coming over, we got something to talk about.' There was no further elaboration from Kacie. 

  I tried to shoot her another text hoping I would get a little bit more information than that from her. 'Ummm..What in Irene's name would I be involved with whatever you've been up to.' I sent it, but she never answered. Five minutes later my little sister was walking through my front door.

  "Wow a spooky message and no knocking before entering, must be pretty serious." I was trying to lighten the serious mood she brought with her. "You better cut the sarcasm out before our surprise family reunion." She pulled out her phone and was putting in her password. It was like a chill ran through my body when she said that. "Funny joke Kacie, we both are not on the best side with Dad. He's not meeting up with us." Even though I said this I had a pit in my stomach that made me feel like this was all true.

  "Well unlike you Aaron, I have been talking with Malissa for a year now. Apparently Dad saw one day and quizzed Malissa about you and me, now he wants all of use to meet up." She pulled up up an email our dads name was in bold letters. I took the phone from her and read the email.

  'Kacie, I apologize for reaching out after years of  not seeing each other. I happened to see Malissa talking to you one day, after some long talks I had found out you and Aaron live in the same neighborhood. I want the rest of the family and make up our past grudges, it would mean the world to your sister, mother and I to finally see both you and Aaron again. I feel terrible for how I was with you and especially to your brother. I see now that you both doing just fine in life. Aaron was right, he is fully capable of living his life normally. I don't know much details but I know he is seeing a woman, I hope to meet her soon along with all your friends.'

 He ended his email with; 'I hope you except my offer to see you and your brother again, I want nothing more than to see you both again. -Dad' 

  I honestly was awe stuck, he had reached out to Kacie in a work email to see both of use again. The last things I can remember about my dad was all the scolding and restrictions from being the Ultima, I felt awful when I lived their in high school. I finally looked up to acknowledge my sister that was waiting for me to finish up with her phone.

   I handed it back to her. " How are you feeling about this." It was a simple question but we both knew that it held a way more important question. 'Are we both ready to make amends with our family?'  

  "We both have our grudges, and I honestly want to stop mine." My eyes that drifted back to staring at my hands shoot back up to her. "I practically think about it everyday, it always seemed like I was being a childish brat; especially after our one argument." She crossed her arms and avoided eye contact. "I can understand if you don't want to, you defiantly had it way harder than any of us with him. I won't pressure you into doing this with me, especially with how steady things our going with you and Y/n." She gave me a small smile about Y/n.

 "I really miss mom." I wasn't sure I even said it aloud for how quiet it came out. "I miss her every single day, I regret leaving her because I couldn't stand dad." I let out a harsh breathe. "If he's offering to make up and live a normal life, then I'm willing to do this." My words hung in the air for awhile before either of us spoke.

  "What would be a good day for you to go see them?" The words held such a strange feeling, we had just both agreed easily to meet up with family we haven't seen in years and we are treating it like a weekly brunch gathering. "A week from now, we can all go to dinner together and catch up. I don't want to bring anyone with us yet, not until I'm for sure we all understand each other." 

 "I figured it would just be just Lycans." My sister opened up a email to send to our dad. She typed everything I said out then her thumbs hovered over the keys. "What restaurant?" She looked up.

  A small memory flashed in my mind when we were all younger, our parents took all of us kids to. It was a fancy place and us kids felt so special to be there. "That one place, we ate there when I was nine years old. You would have been seven." Her fingers typed out the name of the place and sent the email. "I'll text you what he says, but right now I got to go talk to Garroth about something his parents said. 

  She left with that. I wandered into my kitchen and rounded up the ingredients for the pasta plus some frozen garlic bread I went and picked up a different time. 'Y/n will be home in and hour, if I work quick I can have it done by the time she gets back. 

 I had finished dishing up a good portion of pasta and a slice of garlic bread on each plate, I poured out some glass water and walked to Y/n's house to pick her up. Her car wasn't back yet so I sat in one of the chairs on her front patio. 

 I looked at the sky for ten minutes in thought before Y/n's car would pull up the drive way. I stood up to go greet her. "You know you are aloud to sit inside and wait when I'm gone!" She laughed steeping out of her car. He voice made all of my days stressing instantly easy away. She was the best thing I had in my life. "But I'm not waiting to be with you at your house." I smiled as a confused look crossed her face. "Then what are you doing here?" She still smiled as she opened her back door to grab her things from work. "We are going to my house for dinner." I had made it beside her and grabbed her lager bag as she held her coat in her hands. 

  "So I'm guessing I so shouldn't put this away." She shook her coat as we walked up her steps so I could set her bag inside. "Yes you will need to put it on and do this." I interlocked our hands as we started off towards my house for dinner. "You have gotten so flirty." She let out a small laugh as we crossed the street. "You don't like it?" I let out in a teasing voice. "No I like it, makes me feel all happy inside. 

  We climbed up the steps to my house and went him. She joked how I was missing some candle light to our "romantic dinner". We sat down and I got lost in her voice listening about her day, she didn't know it but every world that came out of her mouth made me the happiest person in the world. After todays talk with my sister I just needed to see her, even if it was just for dinner.  

 I would do anything to keep this girl happy and I selfishly want to see her every second of every day. I don't care how the coming family dinner goes, I refuse to let anything come between me and Y/n. I'm simply to in love with her.