Chapter 45

Cally's pov

"Wake up, wake up, wake up! Cally! The sun's up! Almost, at least." Chuck's voice chirped through the air as I felt him shake my arm.
     Slowly, I opened my eyes, "what?" I asked. My sleep drunk voice made it hard to hear the annoyance I felt.
     "Good morning, Cally! Want to go for a walk?" Chuck sounded way too excited for my liking this early in the morning.
     After I fell asleep last night, I hadn't had the motivation to go back to my own bed. So I just slept outside with Chuck. Right now, as I sat back up against the wall, I started to regret it. My back was stiff, and so was my neck.
     "Well? Are you coming?" Chuck asked while shaking my arm again.
     I groaned and stretched my body, "why did you wake me this early again?" I asked.
     "I was bored and want you to come with me," Chuck answered, his tone of voice making clear that he did not have any idea that I wasn't happy that he woke me. "So, are you coming?"
     I sighed but got up from the ground, "Yeah, fine."
     Chuck jumped up, a smile plastered on his face. "Let's go to the Deadheads!" He exclaimed as he started walking. Once again, I stretched before following Chuck together with Bark, who also glared at me with a deeply displeased look.
     We walked for some time. While playing with Bark and talking. Well... Chuck did most of the talking, asking questions as usual. I didn't really feel like talking, I just wanted to be left alone. Not because I was upset or something, but sometimes being alone wasn't that bad. Especially since I've had a big ball of energy stalking me for the past weeks. I needed my time alone right now.
     After the walk we went inside the kitchen. It was later than I thought it was because Minho and almost all the other Runners were already inside the Maze.
     We sat down on a table with Ezra and Newt with our food. They said good morning, and I mumbled one back while Chuck was still sounding like a ray of sunshine. "I'll be back soon," Chuck said as he walked away, supposedly going to the toilet.
     I started eating while I felt Ez and Newt looking at me, "Is he finally gettin' on your nerves, Cals?" Newt sounded amused while he asked me that question.
     I did not look up while I answered, "I'm just tired."
     "Yes, sure, and I'm the queen of England," Ezra said with a smirk on his face and a cocky, British accent.
     I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Just slim it."
     "Got out on the wrong side of the bad, didn't ya?" A laugh was audible through Newt's sentence.
     I let my head rest on my hand, elbow on the table, "more like wrong side of the ground. I slept outside, wasn't that comfortable."
     "Wow! My little sister sleeping outside? What happened? Was there a spider in your room?"
     I shot a death glare at Ezra before continuing, "First of all, I'm still older than you-"
     Ezra snorted, "like 30 minutes."
     "Still 30 minutes older than you," I continued, "and second, there wasn't a spider. I had one of those waves again and couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk."
     "What did ya see?" Newt asked.
     I just sighed again, "Don't feel like talking about it right now, okay? I'm tired."
    Ezra chuckled, "Did you walk to Mordor or something?"
     I let out a small laugh, "I wish. But no. I didn't get that far. I heard crying, followed it and found Chuck, I stayed with him until he fell asleep and soon after I fell back to sleep myself. Wasn't that bad, but he just had to wake me up so fucking early." My last sentence sounding more annoyed with every word. "If that Shank wakes me one more time without a valid reason, I swear to God I'm going to f-" Ezra kicked me from under the table, making me stop talking. Just in time, because Chuck came walking back and sat down beside me again. Ezra and Newt started laughing, shortly followed by me while Chuck looked at us with a confused expression.

~.~.~1.5 weeks later~.~.~

I was in the Med-room. No one was there, I had been alone for about 30 minutes when I fell asleep. I hadn't really slept that well the past few days and I really needed it. So when someone shook me awake my urge to commit murder got stronger.
     I slapped the hands away from me while turning on my back. "What do you want," I growled and opened my eyes slightly to see Clint.
     "Sleeping on the job, are we?" He asked teasingly.
     I pushed myself up, realizing my Keeper just caught me. "I'm sorry... I'm just a little tired... it won't happen again."
     Clint narrowed his eyes at me for a moment, "not getting enough sleep?"
     I scratched my neck, "I guess not."
     "Having nightmares?"
     "You could say that..." I said hesitant, he didn't know about the bracelet or the memory thing and I wasn't planing on telling him either.
     "You should go to sleep," Clint said flatly.
     "Yeah sure, good idea. If you could just tell my body, that would be great."
     Clint smiled and shook his head, "I mean you should go to sleep now. I'll take your shift."
     "Really? Why?"
     "'Cause you're no good half awake. Besides, you're not really good at hiding the passing out thing." My eyes grew wider when I heard him mentioning that. We hadn't told anyone about that and we were trying to hide it from the other Gladers, but apparently we weren't really succeeding.
     "I don't know why you're trying to hide it, but I won't ask. Do you want to hear my opinion though?" I nodded and he continued, "I think your body is exhausted. You need some rest and the passing out will stop." I acted like i thought about his advice, that's nice of you Clint, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to work."
     "Thank you, Shank, I hope you're right."
     "Don't thank me. I already told Alby that you were passing out on a daily basis and he said he already knew and that I should leave it. So if he thinks it's none of my business, it's not."
     "Wow, wait. You were gossiping about me?" I asked in a fake offended voice.
     "Ow, slim it and go to sleep before I change my mind."
     I smiled at him as I left the M.R. and went to my own room to catch up on some sleep.