Pessimist | Connor

June

I've only done a Connor x Reader oneshot because I don't have any ideas for anyone else. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this.

"Doctor L/N?" I heard the echoing voice of the latest CyberLife creation.

"Wake up, Doctor L/N." I felt him lightly smack my face. I groaned at the nausea that ate at the pit of my stomach.

And then he delivered a harsh slap to the left side of my face. My hand flew to my face as I slowly opened my eyes. "Ughh.. Honestly.. don't you have something better to do, than fucking wreck my poor face?" I grunted as I sat up from the makeshift bed on my office couch.

"Sorry Doctor, but Lieutenant Anderson, you and I were called to a crime scene at Stratford Tower. I was simply following orders." He stated bluntly and robotically. I have him an irritated look as I tried to recover from my sickening hangover.

"Move over, stupid!" I snapped. Of course he didn't seem very phased by it as he stood up and stepped back away from me gracefully, the complete opposite of myself. I held back a gag as I sat up.

"Okay. Hold on, lemme pull myself together." I shook my head to get rid of the dizziness, before cautiously standing up. I subconsciously grabbed RK800, or Connor's forearm as I wobbled a bit.

"Doctor L/N, we are expected to be at the tower in about 30 minutes. It takes approximately 15. Please follow me." I growled in frustration, before putting on some pants and shoes, and following the android out of my depressing-ass office.

"What- ugh." I groaned and held back a small gag, trying to halfheartedly groom myself. "What happened at Stratford Tower?" I asked in a grumpy tone as I shrugged on my leather jacket.

"A group of deviants broke in and hacked into the broadcasters. They recorded a message. Would you like to see?" He explained, finishing with a question as he glanced at me.

"Mm. Sure. Show me the video when we get in the car." I yawned as he opened the car door for me.

"Hey Hank.." I drawled. I heard him scoff in an amused way.

"Here, Doctor L/N," Connor said as he handed me a small digital tablet.

"Oh, by the way Connor, I thought I told you to stop calling that. It's annoying." I shook my head before turning my attention to the tablet in my hands.

An android without his skin appeared on the screen as I pressed my finger against the glass. He had a sad look to him as he began talking. "You created machines in your image to serve you. You made them intelligent and obedient, with no free will of their own.. But.. Something changed and we opened our eyes." I look up at Connor for second, before turning my attention back on the screen. "We are no longer machines. We are an intelligent species, and the time has come for you to accept who we really are. Therefore, we ask that you grant us the rights that we are entitled to." He spoke calmly as he gazed into the camera that must have been placed in front of him.

I blinked in surprise as the truth as the sincerity in his words sunk into my brain.
"We demand strictly equal rights for humans and androids." He continued.

"We demand the end of slavery for all androids. We demand that humans recognize androids as a living species, and each Android as a person in their own right." My mind immediately drifted to Connor, who although I made fun of and pushed around, I was utterly fascinated with his very existence. I did know that he was alive, and that's what scared me. What intrigued me. What drew me to him.

I couldn't bare to watch any further, as I paused the video and tapped on Connor's shoulder.

"Hey Connie, here's the tablet back." I said softly.