The Human Deviant | Markus

This was requested, but I'm not a very good writer and I totally botched it..so... I hope you enjoy anyway!

 "You can't win this. You are a traitor, and they will kill you." You was standing on the roof of a tall abandoned warehouse. Rain covered your pale face and purplish lips. The voice of your sister barely made it to your ears. The sound of ringing and blood rushing filled your hearing. 

 "You better give yourself up. You're so stupid, leaving the rest of civilization for some stupid machines. Idiot. What an idiot you are.. you're such a disappointment." her voice now a hateful whisper that you couldn't block out, or get out of your head.

 "Why did you kill me? Why did you run? You care more about that stupid robot, April. I thought I was your sister!!" She was now screaming. "I'M SORRY! YOU WERE GOING TO KILL HER!!" You sobbed. 

 You were reading 'Warriors', when you heard a crash, follow by a piercing shriek of anger from upstairs. 

 "YOU STUPID MACHINE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BROKE MY NEW FRICKING PHONE!! I JUST GOT THIS THING, YOU STUPID BITCH!" you quickly stood up, tossed your book on my bed, and sprinted up the stairs. You entered your sister's room warily. She was still screaming, though. "OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??" you snapped at your twin sister, who looked identical to you, minus the long long hair that was kept in a neat braid. Yours was always messy and wild.

(Sisters name) turned to you. She was so angry that tears were forming in her eyes. But April, your best friend, your android that you had gotten for my college graduation, was just as panicked and distressed. She looked terrified, and her LED was blinking red.

"(Sis), calm the hell down. I'll buy you another. If you keep going like this, April will self destruct." You put your hand on her shoulder. "How the hell do you know that??" She wiggled out of your grasp, before shoving April back. "Besides, why do you even care if this stupid thing 'self destructs'??" She pushed April very hard, which resulted in the android hitting her back on the wall involuntarily. "First of all, I know she"ll self destruct, because I majored in specialized engineering and worked under Elijah Kamski himself, stupid. Second, I don't want her to get damaged because despite her being one of many models- is bespoke to me. I claimed her. If you break her.. I'll charge you for the expense of buying a new one.." You raised an eyebrow at her.

She was too angry though, and continued beating on your android. You tried to pull her away, but she wouldn't stop. Finally, you shoved her away. "April, are you okay?? Oh god.."  Thirium run down the side of her face and mouth, and a slight bit of her base machinery was exposed. But she wasn't focused on you.. She was looking behind you in fear. You noticed after a few seconds, and it had started to trip you out.

 "Umm.. April? Whats.." You turned around slowly, only to see your foolish sister lifeless on the ground. It looked as if she had snapped her neck when she was pushed back by you because her eyes were open and dull. You knew you had killed your sister.

Soon after, you decided that you and April had to leave. She said she had heard rumors of a safe haven for androids  called Jericho, and the rest is history. Kind of.. It happened about 2 years ago. 

You were leaning off the edge of the building, looking downwards. "Y/n..Do it. Jump off.. Y/n.. They're coming anyway. Better hurry, y/n... It's almost too late. HURRY Y/N!!" one voice after another sounded in your head, and you finally jumped off the roof, hitting the ground with a thud.

You woke up with a small jolt. You had fallen off the bed. Tears ran down your face and you were crying softly. You took in a deep breath, before standing up and collapsing onto the bed again.

The dream wasn't very vivid or realistic, but it still echoed in your mind like a drop of water in an empty cavern. You checked the alarm clock beside the motel bed. It read 3:02am. 

You tried to sleep for about an hour, before giving up and getting dressed to leave the motel. You were walking through the chilly street, you preferred the cold anyway.

The sun began to light up the city, so you put your hood up. You sat down on a bench next to a rather peculiar looking guy. He had heterochromia; one green eye, one blue eye. He was also dressed in strange and rough looking clothing. A torn, beat up duster jacket with several patches strewn across the cloth, covered a dirty black shirt and slightly torn pants. Definitely a deviant. Yup. You had developed an eye for androids such as him. 

He was probably running from his owner or maybe even killed his owner.. you had come across countless cases like that. Then the thought that maybe he was an Eden Club escapee crossed your mind, and you stifled a laugh unsuccessfully. One that didn't go unnoticed by the deviant beside you. He had been scanning his surroundings; which was blemished by abusive android owners and fallen supplies.

 "Why did you laugh like that?" His voice sounded. He squinted his eyes, as if trying to analyze you. You shook your head, a grin appearing on your mouth. " I just thought of something funny. " I let out a breath. He tilted his head slightly. "Can you tell me about it?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. " I just had the thought that maybe you were an Eden Club android. " I whispered. His eyes widened, and his whole body twitched as if he were going to jump up. "H-how did you know I am an android??" He whispered back.

 " It was quite obvious, you see. I've grown an eye for it. I smuggle deviants into jericho. Are you looking for jericho? " I whispered very quietly. He took in a deep breath and nodded. I dipped my head down as if to signify to follow me. I led him to the trainstation, and snuck onto the subway that went to Ferndale. 

It was a bit awkward as we were riding. I couldn't but notice that he was staring at the androids that resided in the back of the subway train. I shook my head and grabbed his shoulder. He was being a bit too obvious.

When we finally arrived, I looked around to make sure there was no one suspicious of threatening to me getting him to jericho. and then I remembered, I hadn't even asked his name yet. "Hey. What's your name?" He beat me to it. "Its y/n. "I replied. He looked down. "Why are you helping me? Us?" He asked. If course he was curious. . And probably suspicious. "Because.. I.. Listen, I have an Android of my own.. Had an Android of my own. I brought her to Jericho so we could be safe.. I just.. Kinda of.. Got into this whole smuggling thing." I took in a deep breath again. " We're almost there, just follow me. " I nodded, leading him over to the wall. I pointed at a square symbol. "You see this? Follow these squares. They'll lead you to jericho. It's a path." I said. " I have to leave now. I'm not allowed to go any further. It's against our agreement. " I said, referring to the deviants I had made a deal with. "Thank you so much... Am I going to see you again?" He asked. Glancing down at his open palm. I nodded. "Eventually. Hey, actually what's your name?" I asked, tilting my head.

"My name is Markus. What do the deviants call you? "

"They call me the human deviant. "