Cant stop the rain

Emerson saw the rain stop and his brown eyes scanned around for a pathway. Of course there wasn't one.

He placed his hands on the ground as he lifted himself up and kept balance on the tree. His head swooped left and right as he hoped nobody had found him...

Thankfully...
Unfortunately nobody had...

He started walking slowly deeper into the forest as he got more lost. He couldn't remember his way back...

Down the forest he went, past old trees and dead branches and leaves. A frown covered his face and his bag made ruffling noises.

Emerson stopped walking and looked down. He opened the bag and reached his small hand inside. He pulled out a black, dusty hat and placed it onto his head, sheltering his messy hair as a drop of rain hit his nose...

Again?
Seriously?

Emerson sighed. He couldn't turn back now... he resisted the urge to shelter himself from the rain and continued walking.

The sky soon became dark and the rain fell heavily. Emerson was getting soaked and felt weak. He hadn't eaten all day.

As the rain got stronger, Emerson began to run, holding onto his hat and his bag. His scarf flew behind his neck and so did little strands of his short, Brown hair.

His stomach ached and he became weaker as he stumbled down. He landed on his knees and hands and breathed heavily...

"Maybe I should sleep for a while... gain some energy..." Emerson thought.

He crawled to the nearest tree and curled up in a ball. The rain kept falling as he tried to fall asleep but what could he do?

He couldn't stop the rain.

But he managed to close his eyes...
And drift into sleep...