2

Gerard POV

I was working on a rough sketch for one of my newest characters in my studio when...

"Daddy!" Bandit yelled from somewhere in the house.

"What is it?" I askedn standing from my seat, slightly alarmed by her yelling.

"Uncle Mikey is here!" She yelled back, jumping up and down in the doorway of the studio.

"Hey Gerard." Mikey said flashing one of his rare smiles.

"Hey Mikey." I said, walking to the doorway to give him a hug.

"Did you get the letter?"

"What letter?" I asked confused.

What is he talking about?
Did something happen?
Even worse...
Did something happen to Mom and Dad?!

"Here. I brought mine." Mikey said, handing me a slightly crumpled piece of paper.

It read,

'Dear Mr. Micheal Way,

We are writing with hopes that you will help the Make-a-Wish Foundation in fufiling a young girl's final life wish.

Helena L. Carter, 15 years old, was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma, a subtype of non-small cell lung cancer, a year ago at age 14. (A picture has been enclosed for your viewing)

Her life wish is to have her favorite band play her a song. We hope that you, being the bassist of her favorite band, will help play her a song on March 22, 2019.

We hope you will consider this and help change a young child's life.

Yours truly,

Alan Asketh
CEO.
The Make-a-Wish Foundation

I looked at Mikey and he just handed me a folded piece of paper. Opening it, I saw a girl who I assumed was Helena. When I saw her dress, I couldn't help but smile.

It's almost spooky how much her name fits her.

After a while of staring back and forth from the letter and the picture, Mikey finally broke the silence

"Should we do it?"

~~~~~

I do not own the picture of the girl above.
I don't know her either

I just found it online