Going from wanting to write to actually writing.

Have you ever been standing in a circle of friends, about to say something, when all of the sudden you forget what you were going to say?

Just had it. Right there. Tip of the tongue.

The idea feels foggy and distant. But it's present enough to live under your skin.

It's frustrating not to have the ability to take action on your thoughts.

This is similar to having the want to write.

The desire to take action is right there. Your hope, intention and bubbling message is right there, but turning that desire to form is somehow blocked.

What form should my writing take? How to start? Where to start? Where to go once I start? These are questions that keep our ability to take action at a distance. The felt sense of being blocked keeps starting at a distance.

The bridge between desire and having done is to write.

Not just any type of writing, but picking up the pen and allowing whatever comes kind of writing. Stream of consciousness kind of writing. Whatever you want to write kind of writing. Don't let your pen come off the the page kind of writing.

Similarly to when you forget what you were going to say-You don't remember by trying to remember. Rather, you remember when you stop trying to have the answer. You remember when you start talking about something else.

Start. Open and allow.

That is when ideas will come. That's when other sparkling ideas will tag along for the ride.

Write to find out what you mean to write about. Write to find clarity. Write to find direction, truth and purpose. Write to uncover what was already in your heart.

You open up your creativity by holding the pen, pressing the key, and writing something. Anything.
CLICK TO TWEET
The dam breaks.

Blocks flush out.

Not knowing turns to certainty.

Jumbled thoughts. Unrelated ideas strung together. These are the ideas that lead to breakthroughs, to ahas.

When you write about your laundry, your not knowing, your conversation with your boss earlier that day, you turn over old soil and allow for new growth.

Free what is on the tip of your tongue. French kiss the page with buoyant strokes of your pen.

Scribble your words. Move your body. Unleash your thoughts.

What matters is action, which is pregnant with momentum, inspiration, and clarity. Exhale what needs to come up and out.

Writing without thinking rubs your gut in the right way. It massages your courage. It fertilizes your trust in the creative process.

Trust that when you start new ideas come.

Trust that when you begin writing you will be taken on a journey somewhere unexpected but also somewhere feeling just right.

When you start, space enters between your vertebra. An invisible crown rests on your head.

All because you started. You said something with your words. You created and began.

Jumbles, sketches, fragments: compost.

That is what you are doing when you start.

Confidence comes from beginning.