Things writers sometimes do when writing.

I myself have found these mistakes in my writing. It really happens more often than we think.

When you have a good idea and you start writing it's exactly like reading. When you get to the climax of the story it just feels like you can not write fast enough. That is when you make this mistake.

The mistake is simple. Your mind thinks so fast you literally write in confusion. Example: you ate writing a fantasy story and your narrator is about to slay THE beast. Your mind thinks too fast and you write about him/her killing the beast before he/she even saw the beast. It makes action books quite hard to write for this reason.

I for one hate it when I read a chapter and the beast is killed before it was seen.

Another mistake is writing in different tenses. If you start a story in the present only references or flashbacks can be written in the past. Or if it starts in the past it can't just switch back to the present. It makes no sense.

Example: Mary was busy baking bread while I was eating chocolate. Also Manny was busy playing chess with dad and Leo is planting flowers. If you find this it is really easy to fix but if you struggle feel free to ask.

Another thing writers sometimes do is get lazy. Instead of typing out the entire thing they shorten it to only two or three words so the entire chapter is written in a few words instead of more descriptions. This can get frustrating, especially when it's such a good book.

They also write when they really want to write. Don't. If you really want to write you just write crap. Write when you least want to write. That's when the story gets really interesting.

If you are a writer who doesn't listen to music while writing start. If you keep your brain functioning it gets easier to write. Depending on the mood of the chapter and the mood of the song will depend how the chapter turns out. I personally find it easier having a different playlist for a certain type of chapter.

Writing is like learning. Try to be in a quiet place with music if you write. Try to have as little distractions as possible. It really helps sometimes. Especially on one of those extremely boring chapters that you never seem to finish.

I hope this advice was helpful. Feel free to request any other chapters or advice you want me to give. Also I know I've said it before but I do make Covers for free. Go check it out if you want.

~Natalie.

;)