Till I die

"Yesterday, I was coughing up blood, which has been happening lately, but this time there were flower petals. I looked up what it could be, but I already knew. I've seen enough of Tord's anime to know. I don't want to tell anyone.
Especially my friends."

"Today, I coughed up an entire flower. My throat hurts. Petals occasionally fall out of my eye sockets. In public. Edd saw the petals and was baffled about where they came from, mostly because there were no flowers near the cafe we were sitting at, even with us in the out door seating. I'm worried they'll find out. I'm worried he'll find out."

"I scared my friends today. We were sitting on the couch, and I started coughing blood again. Heh.. They really freaked. Edd tried to call 911.
Matt ran and got paper towels. Tord even showed concern. I had to beg Edd not to call an ambulance. It took a long time to convince him. Thankfully, I was able to hide the petals."

"Tord found out what's wrong with me. He went through my trash, with good intentions, but still. He found the flower petals, and confronted me. He shouted about why I haven't said anything. He got very quiet when I told him he couldn't tell Edd. After a brief period of silence, he asked why. My reply was, "You already know." He didn’t say anything else, he never told Edd, he hasn't told anyone."

"My chest hurts. It's really hard to breath. I can't leave my room anymore. The sun makes it worse. Flowers visibly bloom from my eyes. It's hard to see. Edd keeps trying to check on me, but Tord has been keeping him at bay. Edd tries to bring me meals, but my throat hurts. I can't eat. I Don’t have an apatite anymore. Everything hurts. Tord thinks I should have the plant removed. But I can't loose them. These feelings mean too much too me. Far too much."

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this from him. He tried to break down my door earlier. Then tried to get in through my window. I've never seen him so concerned. He's been begging me to let him in. It hurts my heart to hear his voice sound so shaky, like he's afraid for his life. Or better yet, mine.
I might have to tell him. But, how? How do you tell someone that you love them? Oh, and that the love I feel for him is gonna kill me. How do you say that to someone? If I'm gonna die, I don't want him to feel responsible, but I know he would no matter the circumstances. God, that dork. Even dead, I'd love him forever.
Till the end."

"I feel like the air is being squeezed from my lungs. It hurts. I feel so light headed. I've lost a lot of weight. It hurts.. I don't know how much longer I can handle it..I'm so tired-"

"Tom, please open the door... please.." a voice called softly from my door. I sighed.
I really want to hold him.. it's very selfish on my part.. but It hurts.. I want comfort.. this is a stupid decision. I'm a stupid.
I lazily wandered over to the door, shakily trying to unlock the door. A small gasp escaped the boy on the other side of the door, seemingly shocked I'm finally letting him come in. His eyes seemed like they would pop out of his skull when he saw my state. He clasped his hands over his mouth and looked like he were about to cry. "Tom.. what.. what is this?" He asked slowly, his trembling fingers reaching for my face. "It's.. complicated." I said quietly, taking in a deep breath, only to start another coughing fit. Edd gently pat my back, cooing soothing words into my ear, leaning against me.
"Tom, are you gonna be ok?" He asked, petting my head. I contemplated how to answer, taking in shaky breaths.
"Tom..you'll be ok..right?" He stuttered, eyes widening as he gripped my shoulder.
"..ya. I'll be fine." I lied, giving him a small, reassuring smile. His frown deepened, and disbelief filled his eyes. I looked away quickly.
I quickly regretted this action, because I know it just affirmed his doubt and he looked fearful again.
"Tom.. are you gonna die..?" He choked out, in tears. I opened my mouth to lie again, but I just couldn't get anything out. I coughed again, squeezing my hand tightly around the fistful of petals and blood. Edd pushed me onto the bed and sat next to me, "Tom, Tell me." He said, a pained look in his eyes, like he didn't want to hear my answer, if I could give one this time.
"I..n-..hmmm..ye- no, eh..I donno, maybe." I fumbled for words, mentally slapping myself.
Pick a god damn answer you stupid.
Hhhhhhhhhhhh
Edd only looked more and more concerned.
He placed his hands on my cheeks and made me look into his eyes, which in turn made my face flush red. He finally lost his composure and broke down, in tears and frantically begging for me to be ok.
"You c-can't die! I can't loose you! You can't leave me!" He sobbed, clutching the hood of my jacket. I tried to sooth him, petting his hair and saying it was gonna be ok, that I'd be fine. I have to stop lying to him.
He leaned into the crook of my neck, weeping.
"Hey, shhhh, it's ok." I hushed him, putting my chin on his shoulder.
"Don't lie to me." He growled, bumping his forhead against mine. That's fair.
"I'm sorry, I-" was all I got out before Edd's soft lips smashed into mine.
He threw his arm around my neck and tilted his head to deepen the kiss.
When he pulled away, he let out a small sob,
"Please don't leave me.. I love you.."
I graciously took in a deep breath.
I can breath again! Yeey!
Oh. And the boy I love loves me back ;w;
I pecked his lips, before turning my head to cough, only finding handfuls of petals and flowers. No blood.
I gave him an apologetic look at my abrupt cough. He only seemed concerned though.
"Are those flowers?" He questioned.
I nodded, "Tord could better explain it than I."
"Tord? Did he know about this? You told him and not me?" He seemed angry now.
"Tord found out and kept it secret, I never told him." I countered, but he still seemed upset.
"Why didn't you tell me?! What's gonna happen to you?" He raised his volume, voice full of fear and concern. I set my hands on his shoulders, pulling him into my chest and squeezing him tightly, "I'll be fine."
"But-"
"I'll be fine, I promise."
"You promise?"
"Yes."
"..I love you.."
"I love you too, Edd."
"Promise~"
"Even dead, I'd love you forever.
Till I Die."