you were never a mistake

Tom was fidgeting with a small knife, deciding if he would distract himself from the cursed thoughts running through his head.
He decided against it since
The others will be up soon.
They don't know.
Tom doesn't want them to know.
Not about this, or anything that goes on in his head.

Matt sat at the kitchen table, shoveling cereal into his mouth while Edd and Tord hovered over a map, trying to decide what highway to take.
They had been planning on taking a trip tomorrow, to the mountains.
Just a little vacation, the intention mostly for it to be a bonding experience between Tord and the others.
After what happened, they could use it.
Tom still wasn't happy about the others letting Tord back into the house. Again.
Tord slept on the couch and made a point not to step on Tom's toes, mostly hanging around Matt, whom was still upset about the black eye but was easing up to the thought of Tord in the house.
Edd was generally Ok with Tord, but made sure to keep an eye on him.
Tom made his way to the kitchen, fussing with his messy hair and letting out a yawn as he approached the others.
"Hey ,Tom. You sure took your time getting up." Edd commented, earning a smirk from Tom.
"I guess."

Tom looked at the map Edd and Tord had been gawking at,
"Have you figured out how we're getting there?"
"Not yet." Edd frowned,
re-examining the map for a moment.
"I still think this way would be faster." Tord frowned, pointing at what he was talking about.
"No, this way would be faster, see? It isn't as far out of our way." Edd countered.
"No, it's further out of our way, we need to take this route here to get to the cabin we rented, this way takes you over here. They don't connect." The other retorted.
"That doesn't make sense!" The shorter one stressed, glaring at Tord.
"Yes it does!"
"No it doesn't."

"You're both wrong."
Tord and Edd looked at Tom,
"What do you mean?"
Tom approached the map, dragging his finger from the house on a simple path to the desired destination.
The two watched in awe,
"Woh."

Tord just stared, agape, while Edd tried to figure out how he missed that.
Tom marked the route with a highlighter on the map before walking over to the fridge, scratching under his shirt at his mid-section,scanning the selection that may or may not be edible.
Matt watched everything that was unfolding, munching away at his cereal.
"When are we gonna restock the fridge? Nothing in here looks good." Tom complained.
"I'll go to the store later, I needs cola." Edd declared, pounding a fist at his chest. This action confused Tom, but he shrugged and wrote it off as Edd being normal, well, at least normal for Edd. Tord seemed confused too and continued looking confused.
"When are you going to the store?" Matt asked, pausing from his meal to interject.
"Um, now, probably." Edd responded, pulling at the strings on his hoodie, "Anyone wanna come with?"
No one responded, making Edd purse his lips, visibly annoyed at the lack of volunteers.
"Um, I guess I could go with you.." Tom said slowly, unsure if he really wanted to go alone with the adorable cola boy.
"Great." The green hoodied boy responded, smiling.
"Ya." The other blushed, staring at the unbelievably cute smile his favorite roomate had.
Tord and Matt shared a knowing glance, smirking.
Edd rolled up the map, handing it to Tord before turning to Tom,
"Are you ready to go?"
There was a brief moment of silence as Tom looked at his current apparel and then back at Edd.
"Well, I should probably change.." The taller of the two laughed slightly in embarrassment, pulling at his pajamas.
"Hmmm.." Edd hummed, his finger against his temple thoughtfully as he examined Tom's current outfit, "Nahh, that's fine."
"Hmm, ok." The other shrugged, pulling at the collar of his T-Shirt.
"Let's go." Edd grinned, grabbing Tom by his arm and pulling him away, Tom giving Matt and Tord a look of distress as he was literally dragged out of the room.
Once Tom and Edd were out the front door Matt turned to Tord,
"They're blind as hell." He smirked.
"I know, too bad they don't know." He replied, smiling.
"Should we tell them?" Matt asked, placing his pointer finger against his bottom lip.
They both paused and looked at eachother.
"Nah." They both said in unison, Matt stuffing cereal in his mouth and Tord bitting some toast.