skyrim au

"That girl over there is giving me the 'come hether' look." Tom grinned, winking at his friend.
"Ya, like come give me a damn drink and do your job." The blonde smirked, handing Tom a few bottles of ale.
"Kill joy." The no eyed boy huffed, returning to his duties as a male barmaid.
"I think you should date a guy." His friend, Beth, commented, putting a few septums into a coin purse.
"Find a sweet, handsome male and I'll consider it." Tom said sassily, rolling his eyes.
Beth pointed to a customer who recently entered.
The black eyed elf shrugged, "He's cute, but I think he's a bit too young for me."
The blonde huffed, "Fine. At least go take his order."
"Fine."

Tom approached the other,
"Good evening sir, can I get you anything today?"
The traveler seemed confused, "I didn't know there were male barmaids."
The dark elf sighed,
"Sir, if you aren't gonna order anything, get out."
The nord smiled,
"Ok, ok, do you have any alcohol?"
"Do we have alcohol? You mean at this inn? Famous for it's argonian brandy?
No sir, never, we've not had a single drop of it in these doors. Could you please rephrase the question so it sounds less stupid?" Tom remarked sarcastically, furrowing his brows.
The other grinned, amused,
"I guess just bring me whatever you have most in stock."
"That would be empty rooms."
"Then I'll take one of those and an ale."
"I'll be right back."

Tom lazily got an ale and key for a spare room, not bothering to check if the room was in order.
He didn't really want this customer to come back.
"Here you are." The elf sighed, handing the ale and key to the irritating customer.
The black eyed male just realized he would be here in the morning and he'd have to deal with him again.
"So, cutie, do you live here?" The nord smirked, trying to flirt with the male barmaid.
"No, I live across tamriel and just come to work here when I'm bored." Tom scoffed.
The other seemed only more interested in him as the taller male tried his best to avoid the actual question.
"And what's your name?"
The wanderer beamed, leaning closer to the other.
"Akatosh."
"No it isn't, what's your real name?"
"Nocturnal?"
"Try again."
"Sithis."
"That would be cool if it were true."
"I have no name."
"Yes you do."
"Ok, yes I do, but I'm not telling you."

"Well, I'm Edd, your typical traveler. I'm somewhat renowned in most parts." The shorter boy smiled, seemingly proud.
"Never heard of you." Tom shrugged.
Edd looked a little defeated after that comment.
The elf felt a little bad, although he wasn't lying, he had honestly never heard of the so called 'renowned traveler'.
"So, why are you 'renowned'?"
The other instantly got excited,
"I'm known for clearing some of the most dangerous ruins! And doing the bidding of some daedric lords, and killing dragons, and being dragonborn, and learning dragon tongue, and-"
Tom slapped a hand over his mouth, "Ok, ok, I get it. Don't forget to breath."
The nord took in a deep breath, not even realizing how much he needed it until doing so.
"So what is your name?" The dragon born squeaked, delighted to still be in conversation.
The elf looked at the happy looking boy and sighed,
"Tom."
"That's a handsome name!"
"No it isn't."
"Yes it is!"

Beth wandered over,
"Tom, stop flirting, there are customers to tend to."
Said male opened his mouth to protest but the blonde grabbed him by his collar and dragged him away.
Edd was left disappointed and excited.
"Flirting?" He squealed to himself, grinning as he put his hands on his flushed cheeks.

Tom sighed, screwing his eyes shut as light came into the room, blinding him.
He lazily got dressed and out of bed, in that order.
The elf wandered into the main room, which held very few stragglers so early in the day.
Tom went to the counter, like always.
Unlike always, he was met with an unusual and unexpected greeting.
His new friend from yesterday grinned, squeezing Tom's ass,
"Morning~"
Edd was not met with a warm greeting.
The nord whined as he covered his bleeding nose.

"Do that again. I dare you." Tom growled.
The shorter male looked at him,
"Mm, kinky."
The elf went to elbow him again, but the other ducked, looking shook.
"I was joking, I was joking." Edd squeaked, covering his already injured face.
"What in the hell were you thinking?" The elf huffed, crossing his arms.
"You have a nice ass.." the other mumbled in an unsure tone, leaning away a little in embarrassment.
Tom narrowed his black eyes, pursing his lips as he went back to his rounds, cleaning up the mess left over from last night's hustle.
Edd sat at a bench awkwardly, quietly watching as he waited for the other to finish or say something in the deathly silent room.
"Do you want something? To eat, drink, directions to the next town over? What?" The irritable male asked gruffly, his back to him but slightly turning his head in the direction of the shorter boy, although not enough to actually see him.
"Oh. No. I'm fine." The nord sighed quietly, looking at and running his finger over an empty bottle that once held some sort of ale, tilting it as he moved it in a circular motion like it was dancing.
Tom watched him for a moment, finding this response a little lower of enthusiasm than he was used to.
After a period of further silence, the tan male returned to his work, acknowledging other patrons as they awoke from their slumbers and sauntered into the main room.
The wood elf would continually check on the lonely looking Edd, offering him a drink or meal every now and then, sometimes just looking over to make sure he was still ok.
Eventually, Tom looked over, and he was gone.
The barmaid stared at the spot where he last saw the smaller male.
Long enough that his friend went over and tapped his should, requesting he return to work.
"Where did he go?" Tom asked, entirely ignoring Beth's request.
She raised an eyebrow,
"He left, said something about Whiterun, I believe."
"Oh." The wood elf looked sadly at the spot and at the empty bottle he had played with prior, feeling great, and unexpected, disappointment.

"Tom. What are you doing?" The blonde asked, confused as said male sat at a bench, twirling a bottle with his finger as he had seen earlier.
"Waiting." He groaned dimly, almost unresponsive.
"Waiting for what?" She frowned, baffled by this new and odd behavior.
"I don't know.." he mumbled mindlessly, looking down glumly at the bottle as it reflected light here and there.
"Are you ok? I've never seen you act like this.." his friend said quietly, sitting across from him.
"Probably." Was his only response as he gently wobbled the bottle in a back and forth motion.
Beth sat looking at him for a long while, full of genuine concern for her friend.
Feeling her eyes on him, he got up from the table and went to his room, bottle in hand.
It's funny how much an empty bottle can mean to you when it's all you have left of someone.
She didn't call after him.
She just watched him disappear around the corner.

Tom pondered why he felt so disheartened by the disappearance of the short boy.
Things were fine before.
He hardly even knew the little perv,
But he missed his enthusiasm.
The small Nord carried his own atmosphere around with him, as if he was in his own world where the sun was always shining. Considering Tom was always in a cruel, cynical and sarcastic little world, he found a little sunshine, so to speak, in a dark world.
So, even though he didn't know the 'renowned Adventurer', he missed him and his personality.
He missed seeing a smile around this drab place.
He hoped for the return of the explorer, and his smile.

"Woh,Wait-
Dragonborn?? Did he say he was dragonborn?? Fuck-"

*I'm thinking about making this a full on story
Comment your thoughts please*