000

Izuku's fingers gripped the edges of the small podium, his Quirk, One-For-All, coursing through his body. He tensed his legs, preparing to launch into the water ahead of him.

"Begin!"

Izuku Midoriya has been called many things. A nerd. Deku. A fanboy. Quirkless. An idiot. But not anymore.

Ever since Izuku could remember, he always wanted to be a Pro Hero, to become like the Symbol of Peace, the one and only, All Might. Izuku looked up to the almighty hero, wanting to be exactly like him. He wanted people to see his fearless smile and know that everything would be okay.

But it was close to impossible to become a hero without a Quirk.

Izuku dove under the waves, moving his arms furiously to pass another one of Mr. Aizawa's Fitness Tests. Izuku kept his eyes opened as he surfaced from time to time to breathe in oxygen, only to dive back into a place a human couldn't live unless they had some type of water Quirk.

One day, Izuku was attacked by a villain, having to be saved by the No.1 hero himself. Afterwards, All Might told the young man that is was indeed almost impossible to become a hero without a Quirk. That wasn't exactly what Izuku needed to hear, or at least, that's what it seemed.

A few hours later, Izuku's childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo, was captured by the same villain as Izuku was. Suddenly, as if someone was controlling him, Izuku rushed forward into danger without giving it a second thought while the Pro Hero's just stood by, helpless. Yet, a helpless, Quirkless boy charged forward, determined to save his friend.

All Might stood there and watched, Izuku's actions inspiring him to take part, even though he could barely fight as it was. In the end, All Might saved Katsuki and Izuku, saving the day once more.

Izuku was so close to the finish line, the other students trying their best to win just as he was. One-For-All was growing weaker as Izuku pushed on, giving it his all, just like from the very beginning.

After the villain was defeated, All Might trained Izuku to become a proper vessel to obtain his power, All Might assuring that he could pass his Quirk to Izuku. 10 months later of intense training, pure determination, and sore muscles, Izuku was ready to be given All Might's Quirk.

After all, Izuku wouldn't be in UA High if it wasn't for All Might's faith in the young man.

Izuku touched the opposite wall of the pool, reaching it just barely before anyone else did. Catching his breath, his green hair was soaked with water, bangs sticking to his forehead, the last bit of One-For-All disappearing for now, waiting inside his veins until Izuku summoned the power once more.

Izuku pulled himself up and out of the pool, everyone else doing the same. Cheers were heard from a few students on the sidelines, catching Izuku's attention. His jade eyes landed on the girl that cheered the most, her short brown hair bobbing up and down from her jumping movements. Her brown eyes were filled with joy as she smiled at the hero-in-training, her light pink cheeks catching the light of the afternoon sun.

Izuku smiled back, his heavy breathes escaping into the air around him. He would never be where he was now if it wasn't for what All Might said to him that day.

"Young man, you too can become a hero."