010

The buzzing of an alarm sounded by Izuku's ear, startling him awake. Groaning, he slammed the button, giving him five more minutes or so. He lazily rolled back over, closing his eyes slowly. He was exhausted, not wanting to get up at all due to the fact that his eyes stung from the lack of being in dreamland. However, whatever he tried the night before, his mind would not rest.

          The wheels kept turning in the greenette's head, what he and Ochako exchanged in words repeating every second. He hadn't meant for last night to be meaningless. He had meant every word of what he said, from the tears to the promise he would keep‒he meant it all.

          Izuku was still shocked from the news that Ochako looked up to him. In some way, it made him feel like All Might. The way he idolized the Pro was in kind of the same way Uraraka looked up to Deku. He was still trying to wrap his head around the startling news.

          He had just started to fall back asleep when the blistering noise of the alarm sounded again, Izuku slamming it with a fist this time. Reminding himself to take an energy pill, he threw the sheets off his body slowly, wanting nothing more than to just curl up in the warm blankets. Unfortunately, the following day would hold no sleep until nighttime.

          He didn't bother with a shower, knowing he had taken one the night before to wash his flea soap dried hair. Izuku lifted his white shirt over his head to throw in the dirty clothes hamper, going to his closet to grab a clean school shirt. It took him longer than usual to button his shirt than the many times before, the buttons "moving" from time to time. Midoriya was honestly afraid to tackle his tie.

          About an hour later, Izuku was fully dressed and walking out his bedroom door‒backpack and all.

          "Mom?" he called, not seeing her in the kitchen or on the couch. Figuring she was still sleeping, he walked into the kitchen, his eyes zooming in on a note tapped to the refrigerator.

          They called me to see if I could come in early. I love you, Izuku. Have a good day at school

          The young man smiled at the note, hurriedly eating a quick breakfast so he wouldn't be late. After he had gotten some food in his stomach, he swallowed an energy pill with some water to wash it down.

          He was about to put the small bottle away, but stopped. He turned the bottle over, looking at it intently. Izuku ended up putting the entire bottle in his backpack‒just in case.

▬▬

"Wait up, Midoriya!" Izuku turned around, smiling when he saw Iida walking quickly towards him.

          "Hey, Iida," he greeted his friend with a nod, both of them walking towards the gate of UA. "How was your project?"

          Tenya ducked his head to the side, closing his eyelids with clenched teeth. "I would rather not speak of it.."

          Izuku did a doubletake, furrowing his eyebrows at Tenya's sudden change in demeanor. It wasn't until Mineta ran up to the Class Representative did it start making sense. "Iida, where did you put the flour?"

          "You lost it?!" Iida exclaimed, making Deku jump slightly.

          "You said you would bring it to turn it in."