Chapter Two: Christina

"CHRISTINA!" Yelled Jade angrily. I wonder what I did to piss her off this time.

"Yeah Jade?" I continued on with my English essay.

"GET DOWN HERE!"

"Why?" I was almost done with my essay. I was in. The. Zone.

"JUST DO IT!" She groaned.

"Fine," I called. I walked downstairs to come face to face with Zach, otherwise known as the guy I like. I suddenly became very self conscious, seeing as I was wearing my cheer spandex shorts and a hoodie that's barely the right size.

"Zach, this is my sister, Christina." Jade said, smirking. She knew I liked him. Of course she invited him over. To embarrass me.

"Nice to meet you, Christina, though I feel like this isn't the first time I've seen you," he looked me up and down, biting his lip. That's good.

"Yeah. I- uh- think we met at a party or something a few weeks ago...?" I said, knowing that's exactly where I met him. Jade dragged me to some party, and refused to let me leave because she wanted to 'drink until she couldn't see straight' and so I had to drive her home.

"Yeah! Yeah that's right," he smiled.

"Anyways, Zach and I have a AP Bio project to work on."

"Oh. Cool. What's it on?"

"The difference between mitosis and meiosis. We got the easiest subject," Zach said, winking. I blushed. Jade looked annoyed.

"Yeah, okay, well come on Zach. We need to start." Jade motioned towards the kitchen.

"Actually, since you guys are doing your AP Bio, maybe you could help with mine? I mean, it isn't AP, but it's still-" Zach cut me off

"No problem..."

"Christina."

"Christina. Yeah, I have to remember that." he smiled. "Bring it down and I'll take a look." If looks could kill, I'd be dead. Jade looked like she wanted to murder me.

"Be right back, I ran up the stairs to my room, to go grab my homework for Biology. I hadn't even started it. Thank god for procrastination! Never thought I'd say that... ever. I put a quick coat of mascara on, deciding I couldn't do too much because both Zach and Jade would notice. I came back down the stairs slowly, so I wasn't out of breath.

"...so that's my thouhts, you?"

"I think we should do a presentation, not a poster," said Zach. "Because I cannot draw, and my handwriting sucks. Plus, presentations are ten times easier and if we aren't done I know how to screw up the email so we can't go that day." I could tell he was smirking by the way he said that.

"Well, it will be done when it needs to be." I walked around the corner. Jade had her arms crossed.

"What do you think, Christina?" asked Zach. I played dumb.

"About what?" I set my folder on the table.

"For our project. Presentation online, or poster?"

"Well, a poster shows more effort, but an online presentation is so much easier. Plus, if you aren't done when you need to be, there's a way to mess up the email link to where you can't access it." I said, repeating Zach's words.

"My point exactly!" said Zach, high fiving me. I smiled.

"Right, but like you said, a poster shows more effort. And there shouldn't be any reason for our project to be incomplete."

"Jade, how are you going to draw all the things? You don't draw. It's so much easier to put pictures from google onto a slide,"

"Another good point," said Zach. I tried to hide my smile, I really did.

"Christina, it's almost like you're against me here," Jade said, her eyes wide. It was code for 'what do you think you're doing' so I shot her a glance telling her that 'karma sucks.'

- - -

"Well, I think it's about time I go," said Zach, standing up.

"Okay, same time tomorrow?" asked Jade.

"Yeah. But how about the library?" he said, glancing at me.

"Great idea!" Jade said, crossing her arm and smirking at me. "Library sounds great."

"Bye." I said meekly.

"Goodbye Christina." Zach said, smiling and then stepping out the door. Once it was closed, Jade was on me.

"What were you thinking?" she practically yelled.

"Hey. He's still right outside."

"Chrsitina! I meant for you to be embarrassed and stay upstairs all night not come down and distract my partner!"

"I'm distracting?" I was far from it. With my plain brown hair, and brown eyes, I was just average looking.

"Very. He's a teenage boy. And you're a younger girl."

"By two years! Come on, Jade. What's the fun in having a senior for a sister if she doesn't bring home cute guys for me to flirt with?" I whine.

"Are you really whining? I thought you grew out of that after freshman year." she rolled her eyes.

"Look, Jade. I like him. You know that. Don't be rude about it, okay. Bring him around a few more times. I promise I won't be distracting. I'm sorry if I upset you," I looked at the ground.

"Don't do that." Jade snapped. "It makes me feel sorry for you,"

- - -

If only Zach liked me. Wouldn't that be great. But he's a senior and I'm a sophomore. That'd never work.

I started thinking about other things, my mind drifted off to far away places. No other guy has really sparked my interest.

My mind wandered off crushes and to a replay of today. That girl in the hallway that awkwardly waved at me, how her friend dragged her off. That was strange. I met her at the party, but briefly. She seemed really nice, which is why I waved. Parties aren't terrible after all. I met some pretty cool people. I wonder what grade she was in? Maybe I could try to get to know her, make a friend. That would give me something to do instead of daydream about Zach.

I needed to accept that fact that his league was at least four leagues ahead of mine. I started thinking of ways to talk to this girl, for the reason of what else was there to do? Nothing.

So, I stared at the ceiling, debating topics of discussion. Weather? No, that would sound like I'm trying to pick her up. She's cute, but... I'm not into girls. If I were, she wouldn't be a bad place to start, but I don't like girls like that. I don't think I could imagine kissing a girl, her soft lips, and curves and... what am I thinking? No. Focus. Topics. I drew a blank as I drifted off to sleep.