Chapter 2

Y/N sighs deeply, staring between the two books. They both caught her attention but she had no idea which to choose.

"Need any help?" She jumps, spinning around to see Namjoon. Her eyes immediately sparkle at the sight of him.

"Hi! You're the guy that sat on the table! What's your name again?" He chuckles in amusement, his smile revealing deep dimples. Y/N wanted to poke them.

"Kim Namjoon. You're Y/N."

"How'd you know that?"

"You kidding? Your name is going all around the school. You're the only girl who's ever showed Euna how much of an actual bitch she's been." Namjoon can't help but laugh mid sentence causing Y/N to giggle.

"Ah, Namjoon, what's up with the school? Why do they all isolate you guys like that?" The glow in his eyes seem to disappear. He sighs deeply and looks away shamefully.

"It's... a curse, really. All seven of us are soulmates." There was a long silence. Namjoon finally looks at Y/N and his breath hitches.

Her cheeks are red, eyes wide in awe and fascination. They were sparkling in interest. The longer Namjoon stares, the more the smile on her face began to grow. "Lucky you." Y/N whispers and Namjoon feels a sudden warmth bloom in his chest.

"Wh.... What?" He stammers in surprise.

Y/N laughs and reaches over, poking his cheek. "Lucky you. Not everyone is lucky enough to find their soulmate, much less multiple of them. I'm glad you've found people who love you unconditionally." Namjoon feels his cheeks heat up and his heartbeat thump.

"Do you want to see them?" The questions was so random and bold, it even surprised Y/N. Namjoon felt like he was going to choke. "I mean--you don't have to. I was just wondering if you wanted to see them again. They've been mentioning... you."

Y/N beams and nods, putting the two books away. She hooks her arms around his and stands up tall. "Lead the way."

Y/N's eyelids flutter open and she groans. She sits up, rubbing her cheek that no doubt had red markings from the cage. Her body felt sore and the cage was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

The truck suddenly jerks to a stop, forcing Y/N to lurch forward against the cage. She groans again, remaining on the floor. Y/N huffs, rolling over onto her back. There were random holes on the sides of the truck, beams of light shining through.

Y/N reaches her hand out, her hand absorbing as much warmth as possible. The light made her pale skin shine brightly, the blood under her skin giving a sort of red glow to them.

"Y/N, are you alright?" She shakes her head, letting her arm drop on her stomach. "Is there anything we can do?"

"What could you possibly do? You'll be in South Korea and I'm already across the border." Y/N grumbles.

"It's okay, Y/N. You don't have to snap at Namjoon. We're just trying to make you feel--."

"You're all dead!" Y/N shouts, cutting off Jimin with tears swelling in her eyes. She frowns, her bottom lip trembling. "It was different before. I could cope without being with you guys because we were in the same country. It didn't matter if I went to Gwangju while you stayed in Busan because we were still together! But now... now...." Y/N slings an arm around her eyes, tears streaming down to her temples.

There was a silence, the only sound being Y/N's hiccups. After a moment, Y/N uncovers her eyes to reveal emptiness. She expected that to happen but it still made her heart sink. "I'm sorry." She whispers, sitting back up. Y/N looks around, trying to find anything. That's when she noticed it.

The lock to her cage was loose. Y/N scrambles to the front, reaching around the cage and tugging on it. There was a short opening, but she couldn't squeeze it through. The gap wasn't large enough.

Inhaling deeply, Y/N stands and looks behind her. "I'm coming for you guys." She runs backwards, stifling a cry as her back slams against the cage. It jerks backwards, leaving enough space between her and the entrance.

"Y/N? What are you doing? Stop that, you're gonna get seriously hurt!" Taehyung shouts, appearing next to her. Y/N shakes her head and rushes forward, slamming the cage against the exit of the truck. Immediately a shock of pain surged through her shoulder, turning into a dull pain.

She hears a chorus of gasps but ignores it. "I'm going back to you. I promise. You will come back to life." The car jerks, sending Y/N and the cage back. She hits the back of her head and goans in pain, seeing stars cloud her vision.

"Y/N, you can't! The only way to bring us back to life is getting our ashes. You can't possibly escape back into South Korea!" Jimin shouts, standing in front of the cage. Of course, his hands went straight through it.

Y/N shakily stands back up, her limbs shouting in pain. She jerks the cage backwards, gaining from space. "Then so be it." Y/N pants, bending her knees and leaning forward. "I'm sorry for shouting before. You're my only source of sanity left and I couldn't bare the thought of leaving you all."

"Y/N--." She runs forward just as the car hits another bump. The door suddenly springs up, revealing the speeding road. Y/N could hear the others shout her name, but it was too late.

She crashed against the bars, the cage jerking straight out of the truth. The metal scraped against the ground and rolls, flinging Y/N's body around like a rag doll. Her head roughly hits around the pavement, no doubt breaking the skin with a loud crack.

It skids to a halt, the lock disappearing somewhere behind her. Y/N laid on the ground, her breathing shallow and weak. She tried keeping her eyes open, but everything was becoming blurry and black dots were covering her vision.

"Y/N! Oh, my god! My baby! Stay with us, come on! You can't die! Y/N!" Seokjin. Before she could say anything else, everything goes black.