Chapter 4

"Y/N!" Her head snaps up to see her soulmates. Jeongguk looked just as excited, clutching the diploma tightly in his hand.

"We did it!" Y/N shouts excitedly, jumping at Jeongguk. He easily catches her, holding her up in a tight hug. Out of all of them, Jeongguk, Y/N, and Taehyung hated school the most.

"Congratulations, Y/N." Yoongi smiles after Y/N gets down from Jeongguk. They pull her into a group hug, squeezing each other tightly.

Seokjin is the first to pull back and look at his watch. "We should get going soon. I want to prepare a special dinner for you both but it'll take some time." Y/N nods happily, hooking her arms around Jimin's. He immediately clings, nuzzling his nose against the side of her head.

The party was amazing. Seokjin had bought alcohol and everyone drank, even if it was illegal. They didn't care. Y/N and Jeongguk had finally graduated and were more than excited. They had moved all of the furniture and dimmed the lights for dancing.

It was fun and didn't stop until the others knocked out. Y/N rested outside in their balcony, sighing in content. It got hot inside from so much activity and cooking. The cool nipped at her skin but it felt nice.

There was a sigh and Y/N looks over, Jeongguk sitting across from her. He gives her a bunny smile. "It's finally over." Jeongguk whispers. She hums. "Y/N, do you mind if I-well-can I kiss you?"

Her gaze snaps to him. Jeongguk was looking straight at her, waiting patiently. Even with the strong front, Y/N could see his eyes shaking. He was beyond nervous. It made her heart jump. "Yes." She whispers. Jeongguk shifts over, sitting next to her.

His touch was light, gently cupping her cheek before pressing their lips together. It was a nice, sweet kiss. It didn't last long when Jeongguk pulled away, gazing down at her eyes. They were so close. Y/N licks her lips, tasting the faint tinge of alcohol.

Y/N snaps her eyes open. Mark wasn't around, leaving her all alone. She flips the covers off, revealing herself to be fully clothed. Y/N reaches down, slipping the backpack out from under the bed.

"Why are you leaving so soon?" Hoseok questions. Y/N jumps in surprise, her heart nearly jumping out of her chest. Sighing in relief at the sight of him, she checks the contents inside of her backpack.

"I heard Mark talking earlier. He was faking everything and plans on turning me in. I have to escape before they get me." She whispers, grabbing a chair from the powder table and wedges it underneath the doorknob.

"Escape out the window. The tree is stable enough to hold you up. Try not to hurt yourself more." Jimin informs, biting his bottom lip nervously. Y/N nods, giving him a reassuring smile.

"I'll be as safe as possible." Y/N promises, walking over to the window. She had found a switchblade in a dresser, hidden underneath folded shirts. She used that to cut out the screen from the window the night before.

Y/N grunts, lifting the window up. She was about to take a step back when the doorknob began to jiggle. "Y/N? Are you alright? Why can't I open the door?" Y/N acts faster, taking off her backpack and dropping it down below.

"Sorry! I'm changing my clothes!" She panics, trying to quickly crawl out of the window. The jiggling was persistent, making her hands feel sweaty with nerves.

The banging was getting louder now, bodies slamming against the door. She could hear the chair begin to give out and inhales deeply. "Jump, Y/N. Hurry." Yoongi rushes out. Clenching her jaw, Y/N leeps.