Chapter 3

Y/N smashing the buttons, her tongue sticking out in concentration. Jeongguk and Taehyung sat on either side, also concentrating on the game.

A blue turtle shell hits the back of her kart, making her gasp. "Jeongguk! You little shit!" He laughs evilly, crossing the finish line in first place. Taehyung went second and Y/N third. They both groan, dropping the controls as Jeongguk dances around.

"I bet I could beat you both in round four." Taehyung suddenly comments with a smirk. Y/N and Jeongguk immediately take that as a challenge and get into position.

"Your on! This time, I'm taking you both down!" Y/N shouts. Just before they could begin the next round, everything blacks out.

"Aw, come on!" The three of them put their controllers away. Almost immediately does the rest come walking out. Yoongi looked extra annoyed.

"The power went out. I just checked the outlet. All of this area is blacked out until tomorrow morning because of the heat wave." Seokjin informs, reading from his phone. They all groan again.

"We'll just have to wait it out. There's no way we can go to the beach. It's too far away and none of us can properly drive just yet." Jimin drops on the ground, sprawling out with a content sigh. "At least the ground is cold." He comments.

Thankfully, the blackout happened closer to the night as the sun got cooler. They've had more than enough popsicles and cold drinks, but the heat still got to them. The remaining cold air didn't last very long, even with the windows shut.

Y/N sighs, dropping onto the ground. She flicks her hair to the side, fanning it out. They all relaxed in silence when Y/N noticed the air become tense. She opens her eyes, looking over to see the others staring at her intensely.

Confused, Y/N looks down to see a bit of her stomach showing. She gasps, quickly scrambling up and turning around. Y/N hugs her waist protectively, eyes wide and panicked. She had no worry about them seeing her skin, really. They've all seen her wearing nothing but underwear and one of their oversized t-shirts. However, this was different.

They saw her soulmate tattoo.

"Y/N?" Jeongguk questions softly. Y/N bites her bottom lip, gripping her onto her shirt tightly.

"I'm sorry." She whispers. "I didn't-I didn't mean to keep it from you all so long, I was just scared. I don't have a soulmate and I'm scared that he could be dead and my family has already shunned me and I was paranoid and didn't--."

"Hey, calm down." Suddenly, seven pairs of arms wrapped around her body, hugging her tightly. Y/N sniffles, quickly wiping away any tears that managed to escape.

They all pull back and Hoseok is the first to gently turn her around. "Do you mind if we see it?" Hoseok asks, giving her a small smile of encouragement. Y/N hesitantly nods, slowly moves her arms. Hoseok lifts the little part of her shirt, revealing the tattoo.

Immediately do they all gasp. "What? What's wrong? What happened?" Y/N asks, looking down at her tattoo. They all look at each other and Yoongi steps up. He shows his forearm, holding it up next to hers.

Her eyes widen in shock. They were exactly the same. "Wait, you don't mean?" Her head snaps up to the others. Jeongguk pulls down the collar of his shirt, revealing his tattoo. Taehyung lifted up his shorts to reveal his on his thigh. Jimin had his on his shoulder. Namjoon with his on his ankle. Seokjin had his on his lower back. Hoseok with his on his shoulder blade.

All of them were exactly the same.

Y/N stares in awe, reaching out to touch all of them. "We're soulmates." They all nod with wide smiles. "We're soulmates." Y/N tries again, feeling tears swell in her eyes. They were soulmates and they didn't even know it. Y/N had so naturally bonded with each of them, she didn't even think of the possibility. "We're soulmates!" She laughs, tears spilling down her cheeks. Never was Y/N so happy.

Y/N's eyes snap open only to squint and groan. She was on a bed, a light blanket draped over her body. Wait. She was on a bed?

"Good. You're awake." She quickly looks to the side, seeing a man sitting by the side. There was medical equipment attached to her body and he was checking all of them. "You seem to be recovering well. How do you feel?"

"Where am I?" He gives her a gentle smile.

"Don't worry about that now. You're perfectly safe here." Y/N purses her lips in a thin line, staring at him silently. He sighs and puts the clipboard down. "Right now, you're under JYP Entertainment. Don't freak out, no one knows you're actually here. My friend, Jackson, saw you outside of South Korea while he was on a road trip and brought you here. When he saw your soulmate mark, he made sure no one knew about you but me. My name is Mark."

Y/N sighs in relief, resting against the bed. She stares at the white ceiling in thought. "Y/N!" Y/N yelps when a figure jumps over her.

"Jeongguk?" She squeaks, eyes wide. Mark frowns, staring at Y/N in confusion.

"Are you insane? You could've died! Why would you do something like that?" He shouts, tears swelling in his eyes. Before Y/N could respond, Mark cuts in.

"Y/N? Who are you talking to? Who's Jeongguk?" Both of their heads snap to Mark. Y/N bites her lip nervously. She was so used to people ignoring her craziness that she didn't really think about it.

"I know him. He would come by my work everyday for a donut. You can tell him, Y/N. It's okay." Jeongguk reassures. Y/N nods and looks at Mark.

"Jeongguk told me. He says you bought donuts from him everyday." Recognition flashes in Mark's eyes.

"Jeongguk? But, he isn't even here. How are you talking about it?" Y/N feels her heart pang painfully. If Mark didn't know, that meant no one knew. The death of her soulmates haven't been announced.

"He's, um... He's dead, Mark. Has been for two years. Jeongguk was my soulmate, along with the rest of us, and they were shot down. I guess you could say his spirit is talking to me right now." Y/N takes in a shaky breath and tries to smile. "He says, 'hello'." Mark's eyes are wide in shock.

"Wow." He breathes, leaning back against his chair. "When you say the rest of us, do you mean--?" Y/N nods. He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. That must've been so painful for you."

Y/N huffs a laugh, looking back up. The others were there now, sitting around the best. She looks at them all sadly, smiling warmly. Her eyelids become heavy again, the drugs working their magic through her veins. "It was. It is. They forced me to watch their death. Afterwards, they tried to torture and brainwash me. I ended up going insane. Then, they showed up. They're the reasons I didn't go ballistic."

"You don't look insane to me."

"It came with time."