The Game.

The Game.

Purchase acquired.

The words popped up in Jarad's email inbox, smirking he clicked the email and read it making sure it was legitimate.

Jarad claps his hands together as his recent bid won, locking the machine clambered down the ladder from his attic. Breathing the sweet air conditioned breeze that tickled his face jarad glanced into his room, the dark Gothic posters still hung on the red walls.

His bed remained untouched by his or any other hand, turning swiftly on his heels jarad descended the stairs to the hall.

Tapping out the pin for his door jarad was left in large empty room before he walked out into the dirty hallway of the estate building.

Graffiti decorated the dank metal Walls. And the smell of urine was rife. Jarad barged his way through the scant people that littered the hall.

Out in the dark streets of the metropolis Jarad pulled his grey hood over his silk brown hair and stuffed his hands in his jackets pockets. He joined the horde of people walking the street and blended with them as just another smuck, casually stopping Jarad check out the news reel on the holo screen on the side of a building.

The news lady nattered as hundreds of adverts played around her, pictures of the story she was talking about went up behind her, a building ablaze and soldiers marching in, then an aftermath clip played of the injured and the smouldering wreck of the building, Skyworks latest attack on Kolton enterprise.

After being shoved in the back several times by people pushing past Jarad resumed his non-committal walk, he meandered with the crowd, some moved past as they rushed to work or home, but jarad didn't rush anywhere, he was late for work but that meant nothing, he had already logged in at work, as far as anyone who cared knew he was there and working.

It didn't take him long to get to the large building that was lit up with a hundred holo screens playing every type of TV commercial going. Jarad walked calmly to his office floor and walked in, twenty three people sat in their large cone like chairs that hovered in the air three inches from the ground and typed on four different screens.

Taking the final chair that rested on the floor, completing the group of twenty four jarad powered up and began work, tapping at different screens and dragging sums from one place to another, he chatted with several other programmers on other floors and traded to get what he needed. The day progressed like every other day.

"so, what held you today Jarad?" Ryan said, his seat swivelled towards Jarad, as did the screens he was working on.

"ah you know this and that. Earning credits and all, you know there worth more than money in High society Ryan. People sell parts of themselves for money or credits, you can buy yourself the body of your dreams with enough credits." Jarad spoke while he flicked through accounts and other programmes that needed maintenance.

"yes I know Jarad and thats why we pay insurance and work, we earn credits and money. Money pays the bills gives us a place and food and clothes, to a certain degree, anything specialised needs credits, people or parts they need credit." Ryan scoffed.

"selling buying its all a game, you can buy a person for the day, or you can have their hair its just another market Ryan, there's consumers for it so therefore theirs are market, its all about the consumers wants." Jarad sighed, not saying anything of his recent purchase.

"yeah that's true, dammit I will never understand it, buying peoples looks and lives, their organs as well and their brains I cant get on board with it. Never bought anything in my life." Ryan shook his head.

"well its how it is I guess"

"yeah." Ryan returned to his seat to its normal position and continued his work, as did Jarad.

As they day ended Jarad logged off and walked down to the exit.

"hey Jarad, want to grab a beer? We're just going to Medusa, they've installed the new hardware and software that Crystal.inc released." Jed called over, six other company employee's stood by him as he invited Jarad.

"why not" he said walking over to them, he recognized some of them from chatting and his trades in the office and a few from parties.

The club Medusa exuded a boom of music as they rocked up to the que, people smoked outside and laughed with others, some threw up on the pavement and let small robot sweepers clean it up before zooming back into their compartments along the street.

As Jarad walked into the club he was greeted by several staff members offering him their services, with a broad smile he accepted making his payment they escorted him into the club, he sat down with the two girls at his groups table.

Music blasted out around them and lights flashed in intricate patterns, after awhile Harvey, a programmer from another floor that Jarad hadn't met before typed in the code to the VIP room, and the large booth they sat in turned round into the wall. The music was instantly dimmed to an easy listening level and waiters took their order, there was a stage with poles sticking out of the ground with several half dressed women dancing around them. Drinks flowed down Jarad's throat and verbal diarrhoea came out.