The Kissing Booth

Look at that cute baby! That's me, (y/n) (l/n).
And the smelly, less-cute baby right next to me? That's my best friend Papyrus. Papyrus and I were born on the same day, at the same time, here in Los Angeles, California. Our moms were BFFs before people even used the term "BFF," so we were raised like twins and we've been pretty much inseparable ever since. Be together, be together...I don't remember a lot from before high school, but for as long as I can remember, Papyrus and I have absolutely loved to dance. Watching the moonlight. You dance in shadow. Fantastic dream of a dream. The moon and the stars are a lover's creation... Anyway a lot of stuff has happened between now and then. Let me get you up to speed. First Christmas I remember, I was six. I got a Barbie dance party. Papyrus got a scooter. Broke my leg riding Papyrus's scooter. Had my cast signed by Papyrus, who bought me ice cream to make up for breaking my leg. Dressed as a cowboy for Halloween, Papyrus went as a doctor. Learned how to ride a bike, learned how to swim. Got protected by Papyrus older brother Sans, who chased off some bullies who were hassling us. Had to pay protection tax, though. Discovered the place that we loved to dance most. Watched Sans in his first fight. He won. Dressed as a fireman for Halloween. Papyrus went as some weird bird.

Found out that my mom was sick. Went to visit her in the hospital for the first time...

Tried to get used to seeing her there..

Got in a fight with Papyrus over who's the best dancer. Made up by getting him ice cream. Got in a fight with Sans for beating up Papyrus. Made up with Sans by letting him fix my bike. He is so handy! Got my first bra. Didn't really need it. Discovered I like soccer. Discovered a way to get to our favorite place to dance. Looking for love in all the wrong places. No fine girls just ugly faces Says she wanna dance to a different groove. Now you know what to do G bust a move. What you want baby you got it Just bust a move. Discovered that I wasn't gonna be a fashion icon. Discovered I am good at sports.

Had a tough talk with Dad. Sat with mom in the hospital...

I tried to help her put makeup on.
Not much help...

Held her hand a long time.

Only cried when she was asleep...

Tried to score my first kiss with Randy Melrose. Wasn't exactly a love connection. Watched Sans getting really, really cute! Watched Sans in yet another fight. He won. Got my period! Finally Went as a pirate for Halloween. Papyrus was the Black Swan.

Said goodbye to my mom.

Had a lot to say.

Told her all about Sans.

Watched Sans ride his motorcycle for the first time. Watched Papyrus try to ride Sans motorcycle.
Watched Sans teach Papyrus a lesson for sitting on his motorcycle. Celebrated with Papyrus when he got his dream car. Learned that girls can be really mean. Played Seven Minutes in Heaven. Fail! Got a bra I suddenly did need! Wondered why I still hadn't been
kissed yet or even been on a date. No big deal, I guess. Realized I had a crush on Sans. Got over my crush on Sans...mostly. Everybody holding hands...Well...I think that's about it. It's gonna be a good night And that's me today, savoring the last fleeting moments of summer at Papyrus's totally awesome house. It's moments like this that make me wish things could stay this way forever.