9

46) "Only people with tragic backstories can find joy and adventure!"

Sarcasm.

47) The main dude being a playboy

Not all hot people sleep around...

48) If you have a spouse/partner in the way of YOU getting your dream guy, just make them a dirty cheater out of the blue!

Can you taste the sarcasm? OF COURSE YOU CAN! Why is it that when there is someone in the way of a relationship, they turn out to be a lousy partner, or a cheater! For once can the autour make the character feel guilty? When falling for someone else, even though you're already in a relationship, it's not always so cut and dry! Maybe the main character should actually be the cheater! That would make them so much more human, and relatable.

Don't strive to always make the main character a 'good guy,' make them realistic and loyal to the personality established.

49) Love completely changing the person!

If you fall in love with a mafia boss, or someone who's used to playing dirty and killing to get to the top (etc), they are not going to stop because they're in love!

Sometimes it can, as it teaches them how to treasure the life of another human being, and so they learn how to apply that to everyone. But 9 times out of 10 that's not going to happen.

50) The main love interest dude, who is CLEARLY meant to be EVIL, is forgiven for all

I cannot count how many times the main dude is introduced to be a power-hungry murdering asshole, and then it's never addressed ever again. Not only that, THE GIRL DOESN'T EVEN CARE! Literally, the only reason this is relevant is so she can fear him, but once she breaks down his walls and knows she's safe, it's like "Fuck the rest of the human population! Good luck with my bloodthirsty husband!"