Part 5: A Kiss

~November 9th, 2038 12:05AM~

[Name]'s POV

I open the door to my apartment and step aside to allow Louis and Leo in. "So what's Jericho?" I ask straight away.

"It's the place where androids go to be free," Louis tells me.

"Are you aware of this yet, Director?" I ask Leo who shakes his head.

"He refuses to talk without you present," he states and I nod.

"Where is this 'Jericho'?"

"It's here I'm Detroit. That's where I planned to take Molly and Sophie before you showed up and helped," Louis tells me.

"How do I find it?"

"I hacked your phone and gave you the location I was entrusted with. I've been there once and met their leader, Markus. Him and the rest are expecting you by 5:00AM today."

"This is classified, [Name]. No one must know where you are other than Louis and I," Leo tells me.

"I understand. I'll make sure my GPS is turned off," I say to the two.

"The androids are counting on you, [Name]. They are aware of what you have done and have attempted to do for us," Louis states and I smile faintly.

"Well, I don't want to let you guys down. It was nice to see you again. Stay safe."

"You as well, [Name]," Leo states before him and Louis leave my apartment.

"So five AM..." I whisper, glancing at the clock to see its fifteen after twelve. "Seems I have some time to kill."

~4:53AM~

I stare at the large boat in front of me with 'Jericho' written on the side. I fix the hood over my head before finding my way on board, and making my way through the corridors until I come to a door that's partially open. I pull the wheel on it towards me before slipping through the opening and walking along the walkway.

I make my way down some stairs and into an area where hundreds of androids wait with one guy standing in front of them all. "You must be Special Agent [Name] Anderson. The human who has been attempting to help our kind," the guy says and I notice his eyes are different colors.

"And you must be Markus," I say while pushing my hood down, so my head is completely revealed. "Yes, I am [Name] Anderson, and I've been told I'm expected."

"We want to be free, Agent," a blond male steps forward.

"I know, you do. That's why I'm here. I want to work through this with you guys, but we need to talk about what you did a few hours ago at Capitol Park."

"We were continuing our protest," Markus tells me and I nod.

"And I'm glad you did. You see, you're peaceful approach has led to the public being supportive. The news stations may be calling you guys terrorists, but you have shown no real threat and the general public can see that. If you want to successfully change the world. I need you to keep this peaceful."

"They're slaughtering us like we're nothing. How long does staying peaceful actually work?" a brown-haired girl with a beanie on asks, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Bloodshed is sadly a sacrifice that had to be made, but if you're violent back, you'll lose support. Even though you are superior to humans, there are more of us. They will kill you, and I don't want that to happen."

The girl goes silent and I walk further into the room. "I will do everything in my power to protect you guys, but I need you to work with me as well," I tell them.