Chapter Twelve: The Most Uneventful Day of Thora's Life

All Thora did was sit on the floor. All day. She sat and thought about the forest animals. The more she thought about the animals, the more she thought about dragons. The more she thought about dragons, the more she started to like them. They couldn't be evil creatures, they were just defending themselves. What about the dragon that had attacked her? She thought about this for a long time. Maybe it had thought she was going to steal its food? That was very possible. In fact, that had to be it. Thora thought of all of the things she knew about animals. She decided to get as much information as she could on dragons and train one. Yes, that was perfect. Leif had said she had to stay away from them. Hmm. Well, when he saw the dragon, it would be so well trained that he wouldn't be able to tell her no. That was it. Now, how was she going to make the dragon like her, so that it wouldn't attack? Should she bring food with her?

While Thora formulated her plan, three more houses were being built. The village had a town hall, six houses, and three more on the way. It was starting to look like a proper community.

Tove was annoyed. Why did he have to take care of these kids, and why wasn't Thora helping him? Why was she in her house? Why wouldn't she talk to him? He sighed. Girls were just so confusing.

Leif was proud. It was the end of the day and after tomorrow, everyone would have a house. His village had a town hall and a bay, and plenty of food to collect and store. Aside from the dragon problem, things were looking up.

Unseen by everyone, a small boat came close to the island, took a good look, and then sped away to Malicious Island. To ensure his brother was dead, Torolf had sent a search party. He was going to be furious when word reached him that his brother and his family were still alive.