Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

JADE'S POV

I was sitting on the couch with Niall again. Harry was leaning against my other side, sleeping, which caused me to lean on Niall.

We all had been watching Mean Girls 2, but most of the boys practically got drunk on that lemonade you make from powder and had passed out. Niall and I were the only ones still awake.

I almost fell asleep on Niall's shoulder, too. He was just so warm and comfortable. I felt my eyes closing...

And then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I assumed it was just a tweet, but it didn't stop. Must be a call.

Niall and I straightened up and I checked my phone. The contact wasn't set, I hadn't gotten to that yet, but I recognized the number. It was a call from my mother. I sighed, and answered it.

"Linda?" I asked curtly.

"Hey, Jade." Her words slurred, "I'm having someone over. Don't come home tonight. Stay at Lissa's... Or something."

My eyes narrowed in annoyance. She was drunk. Again.

Almost every night, my rich-bitch mom went out to drink at a bar. She got drunk, and sometimes, she came home with a guy to screw. I'm surprised she hasn't gotten pregnant. But the guy is almost always less drunk, and he's usually using protection. She's had 7 DUI's and has been to jail a few times.

She hasn't always been like this. It started about 4 years ago, when I was 13, and my dad walked out on us. She hadn't been a bad mom before that. She started drinking then. It wasn't that bad at first, a few glasses a week, and then it just... blew up. She started bringing drunk, or partly sober men back to the house. No matter how drunk, they always only wanted one thing. They either got into her pants and left in the morning, or they stayed for days. Or she left, disappeared for days. God knows why she hasn't gotten any diseases that we can recognize yet.

I once bet Lissa that in 10 years, she would have 13 kids high off their mother's own stink and she would be drunk and rabid with STD-rabies.

Harsh, I know, but she is not my mother anymore.

I stopped calling her "Mom" about 3 and a half years ago. I called her by her first name, Linda.

As soon as I'm old enough, I'm moving out of that wretched place someone would normally call "home".

"Whatever. Bye." I snapped and ended the call.

"Who was that?" Niall asked me.

I sighed pursing my lips, "My mother." I said irritably.

"Oh, you have to go home? I can drop you off." Niall started to get up.

"No," I stopped him, "She was actually telling me not to go home. I have to spend the night somewhere. I should go call my friend, Lissa."

Niall's face crumpled when I talked about my mother, and his forehead crinkled.

I started to get up, and I walked to a corner and dialed Lissa's number.

"Hey!" Lissa answered breathlessly. I could hear her younger siblings cry in the background, "Why the heck was there pictures of you on twitter with One bloody Direction?! Jack, be quiet, I'll get you your cookie in a minute!" She scolded her 4 year old brother Jack.

Lissa had 6 younger siblings:  7 year-old Carly, 5 year olds James and Derek, 4 year old Jack, and the 2 year-old twins Lana and Mark.

Her 2 older siblings have already moved out: 22 year-old Cindy, and almost 20 year-old Nikki.