5

Masky looked like a deer caught in headlights; he couldn't tell if he was more angry or surprised. Whatever it was, it had him frozen in place. Frozen with a confused, hurt look. Then sudden realization hit him, like a train. (Y/N).

Masky spun around so fast, he nearly fell off the step. He was stretching his hands out to grab her and pull her away; but she was gone. If this was a cartoon; there would be dust in the shape of her, where she was standing.

Masky looked around, while scratching the back of his head. He walked back up the stairs and looked around the eerie hallway; but it was empty. Even though the situation was upsetting, Masky had to admit she was good at disappearing.

This confirmed it; something deep down in Masky hoped that she had turned around before she had reached the stairs. That she went beck to the room to get something, but the door was closed.

All the doors were closed and she was nowhere to be seen. This confirmed that she saw, the asshole. Masky couldn't help but think about what she was probably thinking. Thoughts he found himself thinking about on more then a few occasions.

Why did she start dating him? I mean the first time he chose clockwork. It's true, she could never go home because her family thought she was kidnapped and killed. Her family had given up hope on finding her and moved on with their lives.

But she could have at least avoided Toby, or at least just stay friends. Spare herself the heartbreak and pain. The heart wants wants what the heart wants though, if anybody understood that it was Masky.

He often wondered what would have happened, had she not dropped her backpack that day. The backpack that contained her personal information, information that set them onto the path that lead them here.

And even though Toby saw both (Y/N) and her friend that day; if she took her backpack maybe Toby would have left her alone. There was no hope for her friend however, he was going to kill her.

Backpack or no, Toby already knew where she was because of her boyfriend. He must have fallen for (Y/N) the minute he laid his eyes on her. Masky didn't blame him. But what if she didn't leave the backpack?

Everything that had happened, would have died down. She would have mourned her dead friend and gone on with her life. Maybe she would have gotten a job and met a decent man.

Maybe she'd be having his child? She'd probably be much happier; but Masky pushed those thoughts away. Because if it wasn't for Toby, she wouldn't have been here. Masky knew it was selfish but he was happy she was here instead.

Masky cleared his throat and fixed himself. He turned around and slowly walked back down the stairs; his boots making loud audible thud noises on each step. When everyone came into view.

Masky could cut the tension with a knife. Everyone who hadn't got, were starting awkwardly at the odd couple. Who by now were halfway into the house; kissing and giggling with each other.

While the rest still walked into the house with dragged feet, they all seemed to have glimmers of guilt in their eyes. It almost seemed as if they blamed themselves for not preventing this.

Even Hoody, who was basically dragging himself through the front door, had the same look in his eye. One hand held his mask in it, while the other held the strap of his backpack firmly from falling off his back.

Masky felt himself stop his descent down the staircase, just looking at his friend. He missed him so much , it made this moment bittersweet. Masky pushed his mask up to the top of his head.

And just as being under your blankets makes you feel as if there's no air, Masky felt like a weight had been lifted and he could finally breath. Just as Masky had shown his face Hoody looked up at Masky.

And all of a sudden, Masky had leapt down the remaining stairs and was in the warm embrace of his best friend; and in this moment all seemed right with the world again. Just for a moment.

Because just then Masky realized that there was someone else missing from this reunion. Jeff wasn't here to welcome his fellow housemates home, and for some reason that gave him a sickening feeling in his stomach.

"Hey Masky." A familiar voice said from behind him. A voice that at this moment in time, disgusted him. Masky whipped around, to see Toby standing there. Masky couldn't find his voice and even if he could, what would he say.

"Have you seen (Y/N)?" Toby asked blankly. Something seemed off though. Toby seemed, distant. He wasn't even making eye contact with Masky, he was looking off into a corner while he adjusted his gloves.

Masky's breath hitched, he could feel anger boiling up inside of him. "Are you fucking serious?" Masky asked calmly. Toby stopped fiddling with his gloves and finally looked at Masky.

"What?" Toby asked in genuine confusion. Masky was about to move forward aggressively, if it weren't for a hand gripping his arm firmly. Masky turned around to see Brian with a stern expression on his face.

Masky looked back at Toby again, he inhaled then exhaled. "I was about to go look for her myself. She's somewhere upstairs I believe." Masky said with forced calmness. There was a second of quiet.

"I'll come with Thu-then." Toby stated. "I'm going to go to our room to rest." Clockwork said while wrapping her arms around Toby. Both Masky and Hoody almost cringed in disgust.

Then they all started at the stairs, while the rest stayed behind and mingled. When they got to Toby's room and clockwork let herself in; both Masky and Hoody were relieved to find it completely empty.

But the moment of relief, turned into a sick feeling for Masky. "God." Masky mumbled. Hoody, with hands in his pockets, looked at Masky. "What?" Hoody asked, worried. "I know where she is." Masky sighed.

Masky pushed his way out the room and walked further down the hall to Jeffs room. Hoody stood there for a moment, while Toby and Hoody caught up. Masky hoped that his hunch was wrong.

He hoped she'd be hiding in Slenderman's room. So he stood there a moment, listening if he could hear the faint sound of talking or crying. There was nothing, it was silent. Masky moved quickly and slammed the door open.

What he saw, nearly broke his heart into pieces. There she was, locked in what looked like a passionate kiss with Jeff.