Chapter 5- The waking world

A/N: I'm trying not to put these at the start with this fic but God damn I didn't realise how long it had been! I'm sorry I know I have a bad rep when it comes to updating but this is like 3rd longest so sorry guys!

The journey to the waking world was sluggish and somewhat painful. All I wanted to do was sleep but unfortunately for me it seemed my body was awake, even if my mind wasn't, and so I begrudgingly opened my eyes.

The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't on the floor however I was still living room. After sitting up and giving myself a few minutes to shake off any lasting remains of disorientation I also noticed that no one is around.
"How long was I out?" I call out hoping for a reply (although secretly hoping that won't be Ford- I don't know how I feel about that right now)
"Dipper..." Mabel's standing in the doorway her face tear-stained but she looks happy.
"Hey Shoots." I whisper.
"Shoots?" Mabel tilts her head and looks at me quizzically.
"Yeah...well I guess I heard Bill call you Shooting Star so much that I just forgot." I explain embarrassed.
"Oh." The silence that follows is tense and full of the words unsaid.
"So how long was I out?" I ask again beckoning Mabel over.
"Around half an hour." Mabel says the tiredness so clear in her voice as she pads over before sinking into the couch next to me. "You scared me Dip." She sighs.
"I'm sorry....I was scared I guess....It was my fault and I was scared of what was gonna happen to us, how'd you react if....if you'd hate me. And I panicked because I thought of everything all the what if's...what if I never asked for that thing, what if I called them this summer stuff like that but the loudest thought was it was all my fault" I explained timidly.
"No." Mabel says.
"No?" I asked confused. Mabel nods determinedly.
"No." As if its final and resolute.
"No what? What do you mean?"
"No. No bad thoughts. It was not your fault, I do not hate you, I am not angry, we will be fine, what if's are just that what ifs don't think about them it doesn't help. So no." She nods once more as if to seal the deal and, with the clear conviction and resolution in her voice, I can't help but to believe her dispite my own cynicism. Because Mabel is like that that's the type of person she is, so full of hope that you can't help but feel it too.
"So what now?" Because really there's nothing left to say.
"Now we stay with Gruncle Stan and Ford, we leave in Gravity Falls, you get that apprenticeship with Ford and I go to highschool, we build our lives here and never ever forget them." Mabel declared fiercely though the tears still fall she ignores them
"Sounds like a plan." I reply smiling through my own tears. Mabel maneuvers to my side and I gently pull her down bringing her close to my chest. She wraps her arms around my waist and her legs intertwine with mine as we become a tangle of limbs. DipperandMabel. MabelandDipper.  Her presence is comforting as is my touch for her, for now we can just forget the rest of the world and mourn for our parents as us. As twins, as siblings we don't need to pretend to be strong and that is the most comforting feeling of them all.
~Le Timeskip~
It's only after we've been woken up do we realise we fell asleep. It surprised because I didn't go to the mindscape this time I wonder why? It's Stan that wakes up to tell us dinner is ready to which our stomachs grumble happily.
"Heh I guess I didn't realise how hungry I was." I say sheepishly. Gruncle Stan smiles, though it is pained, and we eat and finish our meal in silence save for the sounds of knives and forks scraping plates. Its  akward and tense but it's better than having to talk so I don't particularly mind. I see Ford watching me but I refuse to look at him. Gruncle or not I don't know if I can look him in the eye after I found out what he did. I need to talk to Bill first. I decide. It's strange that I didn't see him when I fell asleep earlier maybe he just gave me a dreamless sleep? I mean I know Mabel said I was only out for 30 minutes but it felt like I had been there for hours, maybe I had and he was just giving me a break. I mentally shrug dropping the subject for now and try concentrate on eating the food in front of me -try- because I really don't have the appetite for it and judging by the way everyone is just looking at their plate and nothing else I'd say they feel the same.
"I'm going up. Night." I don't have the energy for talking so it comes out dull and monotone but I also don't have the energy to care and I walk away before anyone can say anything. I want to sleep I really do...but I can't bring myself to get into bed. If I get into bed that means I have to wake up to a day where my parents aren't in it and that's reality I'm not willing to face. I don't hear Mabel opening the bedroom door or the steps she took towards me but I do feel her arms around my waist and the tears that wet my back as she buries her face in it. I do hear her say:
"Its not gonna be okay but we can live with that." I do feel the coolness on my back as she pulls away and I do hear climb into bed. And before I realise it I've done the same.
"Mabel..." I whisper.
"Yeah?" She mumbles.
"You won't...you won't leave me as well right?"
"No. I won't."
"Okay..."
"Get some sleep Dip n Dot."
"Okay...Night Shoots."
"Don't call me that."
I smile into the darkness and close my eyes because things may not be okay now but the will be if I have Mabel with me.

A/N: Hey hoped you enjoyed! Sad I know. Sorry for being gone so long I won't promise I'll update soon because...I probably won't...But I'll try!! Have a good one!

~ST99