Part 1: Liaison of the Agnus Dei

It began where it all ended. The past begins in the future, and the future begins in the past. None dare to speak up against them, the ones who brought the strongest to their knees. All will fall, none will escape.

All will bow to the Agnus Dei.

-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

October 16, 2030: Parliament of Versailles.

Lives lost: 12 000
Alive: N/A
Revolted: 7034
Traitors: 2237

Miranda Stockings.

Her eyes flung open to scan her surroundings. It has been the fourth time since she got one of her nightmares, it was filled with static and robotic humanoids. A silly nightmare, but a nightmare nonetheless.

The sound of dripping water echoed in the dull, broken-down room, the cold marble floor gave little comfort as a bed. Miranda's back ached as she stood up. Her stomach growled, and her vision was blurry.

She trudged to the broken antique cabinets at the corner of the room to find something, anything to eat. If she were lucky enough she can find a rat or anything edible. She opened the cabinets and sighed when every single compartment was empty. Her stomach growled even louder and she clutched her stomach. Her hunger was getting worse and painful- if she didn't eat anything, she might eat herself, again...

A sound of a car honk alerted Miranda, she turned to the direction of the sound and to a small tunnel, crawling under it to go outside and saw a large army truck handing out food. The sound of feet heavily hitting the ground rumbled in the distance, signaling a mob. Miranda hurriedly ran to a nearby soldier, who gave her a plastic bag filled with non-perishable food. Her eyes gleamed and she thanked the soldier before running back to her hiding place.

At the moment when she reached her broken down home, the sounds of screaming and gunshots ensued outside.

Another riot.

Miranda shook her head and opened the cellophane, revealing a quantity of canned foods with its contents already cooked. She immediately gobbled up her food as the sound of bodies falling down on the ground grew louder. She was already used to the screams and shouts of the people, but hearing the threats and promises that escaped their lips at their final moments came always as a massive shock to her.

After eating she wiped her mouth with her dirty hand and looked at the her leftovers.

Should we just stay hidden? Crawling in the dirt like some rural peasant from the tyrants?

Though, life may give us problems, some push through, just some...

Miranda laid down on the cold, hard floor, with her hands on around herself. The floor felt icy against her pale cheek.

No warmth.

Nighttime wasn't promising and comforting as you thought. She always wakes up even to the slightest sound. She was always on guard, in case that an intruder might come inside.

Miranda woke up with a start, sweat dripping down her forehead. A loud boom along with a few gunshots accompanied with screams startled her, the building slightly shook, and dust fell from the ceiling.

Miranda covered her ears and closed her eyes to block out the shouting from outside, they were getting louder- and it hurt her ears. The walls all around her shook, she whimpered as the walls of her shelter started to crack.

A voice suddenly yelled.

"Stop! There's a heat signature!"

Miranda heard footsteps coming towards her, she scurried towards the cabinets to hide. As she was about to go in, someone grabbed her and forced her to turn around. She squeaked as she was roughly pulled outside.