Part 2: Nights Pass.

^ Look at my little bunny :D
Anyways, hope you like it!

Miranda woke up upon hearing footsteps outside the room, she was always an extremely light-sleeper which caused her problems during the night. Whether it was a sound of a mouse or the occasional wanderer outside her old hiding place.

Finding herself not able to sleep, she stood up and pressed the button on the door to open it. She shyly peeked outside to see Silver looking at her over his shoulders.

"Anything wrong?" Silver asks in his usual cold voice.

Miranda nodded and stepped outside her room.

"Can't sleep..." Miranda replied.

"Must've been hell out there, if it makes you any better, I have insomnia." Silver says, voice still unnervingly cold. He leaves without another word, Miranda fought against the idea of following Silver, but curiousity got the best of her. She silently walked a distance away from Silver, occasionally hiding behind a wall if she felt like she was being watched.

Her throat felt dry as she hid behind another wall, just in time when Silver turned around.

She followed the man up flights of stairs leading to the rooftop of the building. The chilly night wind nipped her neck, she hid behind the door, spying on Silver as he stared at the night sky.

"I know you're there, Miranda." Silver suddenly says, causing her to squeak. Silver looked at the door where she was hiding, it looked like he can see past through the metal. "

You can come out, I won't do anything."

-

Miranda buried her face on her pillow, thinking about the conversation she and Silver had. Surprisingly, they both have a lot in common, which meant the the two could talk on even ground.

"What do you think of the outside?" Silver asked, looking at the wasteland as he leaned on the railing.

"Horrible," replied Miranda, as she cautiously walked next to Silver, and leaned against the railing.

"How so?" Silver pressed, Miranda almost rolled her eyes at Silver's stupidity.

"Well, all I had on my mind was to survive."

"I know how you feel, I was just like you... until Anthony came along."

"Did he save you?"

Silver gave a small nod.

"We knew eachother before the explosion, we're bestfriends, actually. He may be a cocky bastard, but he's still my best friend."

Miranda noticed the corners of Silver's mouth tugged into a small geniune smile.

"Enough about me," Silver said. "What about you?"

"Well... I had a family, some died, the others went missing. I had a sister and two brothers... they were the best siblings I could ask for..."

"What about your parents?"

"Went missing for a few days.. and I found them dead in front of our house. What about yours?"

"Shot them," Silver replied nolochantly. "It was already too late, the chemicals were ripping them apart."

"Did you ever feel bad about killing them?" Miranda asked. She could never bring herself to hurt a person, let alone kill them. Even if they screamed out to kill them, she still wouldn't.