Epilogue

Epilogue

Never in the history of all of Panem, had the Capitol citizens seen such madness stretch across the country. Following the arena breakout, all District transportation was shut down instantly, and everything was on lock down until further notice.

Frost was beside himself. He couldn't think, he couldn't sleep. All he knew, was that his grandson was dead, and then some little sixteen year old girl and her little pack of rebels were marching around declaring war on the Capitol. I mean, who would want war on the Capitol? They did so many nice things for the Districts... He just didn't get it.

As he paced back and forth in his office that afternoon, he thought suddenly about how he could find Miss Merison. What he could use to find her, and fast. If this havoc continued for much longer, the whole country would break down and crash... and Miss Merison would be the one that tipped it over.

Slowly, he came to a pause in his pacing, a sly smirk coming across his face. The tracking device... They had been placed in the arms of all of the tributes before they entered the arena. This would be perfect... as Miss Merison would still have hers in tact. If he found her, he found the source of the problem and could end it. Right here, right now.

Suddenly filled with a new energy, Frost ran down to the area control room, and shouted "I need Miss Merison's tracking device number!! NOW!"

Instantly one of the Gamemakers, rushed over to Frost his eyes scared with being in his presence. "Sir, the number is 04900561148... But you're not going to to like what you see—"

Frost brushed the concerns of the man aside, and typed the number in the keypad that sat in the far left of the room. Slowly, the scanner beeped and it pulled up the exact location of Miss Merison's tracker.

On the floor of the arena. Covered in blood, dirt, and sweat.

It wasn't attached to her anymore. Frost had to give her props, Miss Merison wasn't stupid by any means. This was going to be a lot harder then he originally planned. She's far to smart for any of the Capitol defenses.

Frost took a deep breath, when suddenly he realized that was it.

Miss Merison was too smart for the Capitol, she would beat anything they put up against her. Especially because of the fact she now had a small army forming, and scattered 'members of the pack' all across Panem in different districts. But didn't that old saying go, "If you can't beat them, join them."

Frost smirked, and pulled one of the Peacekeepers aside and led him out the door and down the hall to a private section of the area control area. The Peacekeeper unlocked the door for Frost and he hurried inside, his eyes filled with rage and joy, a combination one should not see together when a person is in a proper state of mind.

Frost walked through the room alone, as no one else was there, until his eyes fell upon a device sitting on the marble counter top.

Mind Sweep:

Invented in the early days of the rebellion, to cause citizens that were wild to 'have a clean sweep' of the mind, causing them to forget why they had done these things in the first place, and get them to stop. Can be used by placing device on head, or an injection in the neck with the liquid found inside. Causes person to obey the commands of the Capitol.

One results in a permanent Capitol safe and clean mind.

The Capitol stopped using the device after the rebellion was over, as it had dangerous side affects. Such as lack of memory, and out bursts of crazy hallucinations. Can also cause eye color changes, hair color changes and other birth defects.

Frost remembered the device well. In fact, two of the first users were Orion Mark Merison and Eudora Lace Merison. Cyra's parents.

Frost chuckled at the thought, as he knew Miss Merison had always wondered why she was different. It was because she was a side effect, an accident. This device was also the cause for Miss Merison's older sister, Lyra's cancer.  Miss Merison also didn't know her parents were strongly involved in the first rebellion. Of course, they were only in there teens at the time. But the actions of Orion and Eudora, were much like the actions of Cyra and Gale... Wild and unneeded.

But this, this device fixed them. After one quick treatment, they were back to being common District Four citizens. But now they were dead... and their daughter was next. 

But not until she was swept clean.

>> Epilogue written by GryffindorGirl (GG)