Eight

Olivia darted into the hallway, her movement so quick Harry took a moment to register her action. "Bye Harry?" he repeated, rushing into the hallway after Olivia. He grabbed her arm, whirling her around to face him. "Bye Harry?" he said again, his voice loud with frustration. He didn't care about his neighbours behind their doors. "That's it? You're just going to fuck off with a pathetic 'bye' like that?"

Olivia dropped her head, shaking her arm to release Harry's grip. He grasped her tighter, not allowing her to escape him. "What else am I supposed to say?" she asked him, her voice quiet in comparison to his brash tone.

"What the fuck are you doing to me, Liv?" Harry asked, his irritation over the past days spilling over. "Why'd you even show up here today?" he wondered, letting go of her arm with a harsh flick of his wrist. "You can't fucking answer a text, but you show up here for no reason and then fucking cry when I want to kiss you?"

It was a severe comment. Her slumped shoulders told him so. But she'd stuck him on a rollercoaster of emotions over the past few days, and the frustration over her arrival, her relationship and her games was enormous and uncontrollable.

"I'm not fucking crying because of that!" Olivia retorted, shoving Harry's shoulder. "And I'm not fucking crying, either," she added as an afterthought. "I told you, I don't know why I came here today! Maybe I shouldn't have, but I... I don't know! That's why I'm leaving! Or trying to, anyway," she corrected, indignantly placing her hands on her hips.

"Then fucking go!" Harry snapped, gesturing to the elevator. "But you'll just be back tomorrow! Or the next day, or the next day! Why the fuck are you doing this to me?" he asked again, a nearly unnoticeable crack in his voice. She was killing him, and she hadn't a care in the world.

"No, I won't," Olivia answered, shaking her head at him. "God, I can't. I'm engaged, Harry! I can't keep seeing you like this, like it's okay! Don't you get that?" Because apparently I don't.

Harry let out a humourless guffaw. "Me?" he exclaimed. "Oh, I fucking get it. I get it big time, Liv. You're the one that doesn't fucking get it! You're wearing his fucking ring, and you're showing up here, you're holding my hand? You're telling me that it's always been me, that you love me more than you love him, and I'm supposed to believe you give a shit about your relationship? Come on. You don't give a fuck at all."

"Fuck you, Harry!" Olivia exclaimed. She'd expected him to eventually snap, to grow tired of her games and the whiplash she was causing, but she hadn't expected him to be so harsh with his words. She refused to admit it to him, but he was right. He wasn't the one who was to care about her relationship. That was her job, and she was terrible at it. "I'm not a fucking cheater!"

He hadn't said she was, but her remark made it clear where her mind was. "Never said you were," Harry reminded Olivia, his voice unsettlingly calm. "But I'd fucking bet a million pounds you didn't tell Ben shit about spending any time with me, did you? Hmm?"

Olivia crossed her arms over her chest, hugging herself against Harry's words. "You think you're some fucking expert, Harry? Like you're fucking innocent in all of this? What about Hailey? She might not have a ring on her finger, but you're still with her! You want to fucking shit all over me for not telling Ben about us? Same bet, back at you. Hmm?" She echoed his hum sarcastically, seething with anger.

Harry had such a way of flipping her switch. She wanted to pounce him and punch him at the same time. She never fought with Ben like this. They didn't vocalise their displeasure. They accepted and adapted, they didn't argue. The last time she yelled like this was at Harry. If she weren't so angry, it would have been poetic.

Harry shrugged. "I'm not the one stopping shit because of them," he pointed out. "I'd pick you, every fucking day, over her. You're the one who's fucking leading me on and then putting on the breaks. I mean, fuck... I get it, I guess. You don't want to cheat." He huffed out a loud sigh. "But you fucking already are! You haven't kissed me yet, but you might as well have."