Chapter 15: Way Way Back

Luke's POV:

I woke up to being in bed alone. I sat up quickly looking around for Nicole. I then heard the bath running and I took a big sigh relieved. I got up and went downstairs and fixed me and Nicole some coffee when my phone dinged. I checked my phone to see a buddy of mine texted me.

Jon: Hey Luke! How's it going?

Luke: Hey dude! It's going good!

Jon: Well maybe we can talk. I'm in town for a few weeks taking some time off to find some inspiration for some songs. Wanna grab lunch?

Luke: Sure! There's something I need to tell you! Meet you in town at noon?

Jon: Sounds great!

Our coffee is done and I pour me and Nicole some coffee. I go upstairs to see her getting dressed and braiding her hair. She looks at me through the mirror and smiles that gorgeous smile I always love seeing. I go put our cups of coffee on the dresser and come up behind her and kiss her neck. "Mornin' darlin'." I say smiling and continuing kissing her neck softly. Nicole giggles and turns around and wraps her arms around my neck pulling us closer together, then I place my hands on her hips and smile. "Good morning handsome." Nicole says as she kisses my lips softly. "Hey so I need to ask you something." I said rubbing her cheek with my thumb softly. Nicole smiles and nods her head. I reach for our coffee cups and gives her one. We sit down on the bed. "So an old friend of mine is in town for a few weeks and wanted to see me for lunch. But I wanted to see if you wanted to come or if it was okay that I even go." I said sipping on my coffee. Nicole smiles and puts her hand on my knee. "Luke, it's adorable you wanted to ask me, but you should go. Don't let me hold you back from seeing your friends please. And thank you for the invite but I rather let you and your friend talk and have lunch alone to catch up." Nicole said smiling. God, how did I ever get so lucky to have such an amazing girl come into my life? "Well I can't leave you here alone for an hour or two. I'd feel horrible." I said setting down my coffee on the nightstand. Nicole smiled, "What about I'll shop in town near you. So we can ride together and I'll be shopping near by. I wanted to check out some of the little shops. I love that kinda thing." Nicole said smiling. I took her coffee cup and placed it on the nightstand and got on top of her and pressed my lips onto hers. We both smiled into the kiss. I looked Nicole in the eyes, "Have I told you that your the best girlfriend?" I asked kissing her lips. Nicole giggled, "Yes but trust me I never get tired of hearing it." Nicole said winking. "Well we better get ready. It's almost noon." I said kissing her lips one last time before I got up and quickly got into the shower.

Nicole's POV:

I smiled as I watched Luke go into the bathroom. It's still very crazy that a fan like me is dating a country singer. I go into the closet and pick out a cuter outfit then my sweatpants and tank top. I pick out a teal tank top and my denim shorts. I grab my light brown work boots with hints of teal blue. I go to my makeup area and put on just a little bit of makeup. As I finished Luke came out of the bathroom in his boxers and I blushed. He went into the closet and put on his dark denim jeans and a blue v-neck t-shirt and his dark brown work boots. We grabbed anything else we needed and got into Luke's pick up. We started blasting his album and singing with the windows down and laughing. "So who's this friend?" I asked looking out the window as we were driving into town. "He's an old friend. He sings too but he started not that long ago. Hopefully before he leaves ya'll will be able to meet. I told him I had to talk to him about something important to me." Luke said as he looked at me and did that side smile that always melts my heart. I blushed. "I'm honored that I will be part of the discussion. And I'd love to meet your friends Luke. It would make it more real that we're a couple." I said looking at him. Luke smiled. We pulled into town and we parked in front of some shops. "I'll be in the dinner across the street right there. I don't know how long we'll be in there since we have a lot of catching up to do. But text me when your done shopping ok?" Luke said putting his hands on my waist. I smiled and nodded my head as I put my hands on his cheeks to kiss him on his lips. I watched him walk across the street into the little diner and I started walking and checking out the little shops.

Luke's POV:

I walk into the dinner and I see no sign of Brett, so I go ahead and get us a booth. After about five minutes, I see Brett come in and I wave at him. He walks over to the booth and I get up and we do the bro hug. "What's up man? How have you been!" Jon asked. I smiled, "I'm doing great! There's so much I need to talk to you about." I said. Jon was my best friend. We've both been so busy with touring and writing songs we haven't been able to talk. We ordered our food and he updated me on what was going on with him, he let me listen to some of the songs he was about to release. We talked for a good hour until we got to me. Talked to him how I enjoyed this tour. Then, it was time to talk to him about Nicole.

"So, Jon, there is something I really want to talk to you about." I said as I set down my fork. Jon smiled. I took a deep breath, "So my last stop was at Texas. Hunter found a girl and she moved with him back to his home town for the summer." I said letting Jon get a hold of what was happening. "I'm happy for Hunter! He's talented and any girl would be lucky as hell to date him! But you said this was about you..." Jon said looking curious with a smirk. I smiled, "I found a girl in the crowd, when our eyes met, I swear it was like we were the only people there. Like I was only singing to her. After the show she came into my dressing room. We talked and I hung around Texas for a few days. Then I asked her to not only be my girlfriend, but to move back home with me until it was time for me to tour again." I said looking at Jon with the biggest smile on my face. Just talking about Nicole made me go crazy. I love her so much and talking about her just made me so happy. Jon smiled, "I'mm happy for you dude! But if she's town, why didn't you bring her to lunch? I would've loved to meet the girl that made Luke Bryan go crazy in love." Jon said laughing. I smiled, "Well I invited her but she wanted us to catch up and she wanted to check out the shops around here. But maybe you can come to my place tonight and I can do a grilling and you and her can meet! She said she wanted to meet my best bud!" I said as we both paid for our food. "That sounds great! I'll bring our favorite beer!" Jon said smiling. We both got up and did the bro hug again. Jon got into his truck and he drove off. I started walking to my pick up and I saw Nicole sitting on the bed of my truck. I went up to her and gave her a passionate kiss. Nicole giggled, "What was that for?" Nicole asked looking into my eyes. I smiled, "You're just the best damn girlfriend. Oh, and my friend is coming over tonight. I'mm going to grill and he's going to get some beers for us. He wants to meet the girl who makes me so happy." I said kissing her cheek. Nicole smiled, "Well I'm excited to meet your friend!" Nicole said as she got off of the bed of my truck and we both got into the truck and drove back to my place to tidy up and get things cleaned.

FEW HOURS LATER...

Nicole's POV:

Luke was out back getting the grill started and I was in the kitchen getting the steak and chicken on a plate for him and some veggies to grill as well. Luke came back in and got the plate and kissed me on my cheek. There was a knock on the door, "I'll be right back I'm going to use the bathroom." I said kissing Luke's cheek. As I wash my hands I hear Luke and his friend laughing and I smile. I walk out of the bathroom and walk up to Luke and his friend. I looked up and my stomach flipped. "Nicole, this is my best friend Jon Pardi. Jon this is my girlfriend Nicole. Jon looked at me and I could see his stomach just flipped. There in front of me was one of my old summer loves I had last year.

I HOPE YA'LL ENJOYED THIS LITTLE DRAMA OR TWIST. AGAIN APOLOGIES FOR BEING GONE. I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE I WANTED TO TAKE THIS AND I REALIZED THERE NEEDED TO BE A LITTLE DRAMA. I HOPE YA'LL ENJOYED IT!!!! AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VIEWS AND VOTES. HONESTLY I NEVER KNEW IT WOULD BE THIS GOOD, SO THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO LOVES THIS STORY!