His Hidden Talent

ATTENTION! READ PARAGRAPH BELOW!

Listen to the song: Remember When by Alan Jackson just so you can hear the melody. I have no idea why I chose it, I just needed a song that gave Jim some meaning to sing it. I don't even know why it was country, yes I do, never mind, it is because there isn't really sweet songs for Jim to sing except country.

IM SORRY! Lol, I JUST WANTED TO HEAR MY SON SING. (I call Jim my son, is that weird XD other people on Instagram do it too)

Anyways...

Hello guys, this is my one-shot book! Every one shot has a description and authors note before it starts so heads up!

The first chapter is sudden but that's okay.

《 °•o0o•° 》

Summary: Jim has other secrets than just his Trollhunting profession, yet, this one, he showed no one. However, as he shows his hidden talent. Someone certain had been in ear-shot the whole time

Rating: K

Characters: Jim and Claire

Requested by: Me

《 °•o0o•° 》

Jim wasn't known for his exotic dancing skills, in fact, he had always admitted that he was utterly hopeless at such an activity. Mostly everyone had noted that he was worse than the worst at expressing his feelings towards the catching tunes of a song. Just because he couldn't dance, doesn't mean he was abhorrent as he hummed a sweet melody.

No one, not his mother nor Toby, which was quite shocking as those two had such an enormous spot within Jim's life, still, the had not known he carried such tune in his vocal cords. In fact, he had always intended to keep his singing skills to a minimum when others had accompanied him. Usually, his best time to let out his hidden talent was during the times when his mother had left for the hospital and spending almost all of her weekends at work. Also, when he knew that he had no company stopping by so suddenly at his house -- mostly because his friends would at least send a text if they were making a visit -- Jim couldn't help but let out a delightful sound as he sung, his lovely, yet never heard voice had hung thickly in the air.

Now, as Jim stood over a wooden cutting board with diced tomatoes spilling their juices onto the hardened surface and a knife slicing through the thick skin of other vegetables before sliding each smaller cut pieces into a large bowl set aside on the counter. He began to hum.

Almost, as if the young Trollhunter had no control of his own vocal cords, his throat buzzed a soft tune, a recent song he had heard on the radio a few days back. It had been his mother's favorite song which was continuously stuck within the borders of his mind. Shockingly, his mother would enjoy the marvelous sounds of the country. Mostly it was because of the love songs that surprisingly had never affected her, mostly because every man she had loved, left.

That song was rather old, it spoke of reminiscing old memories and Barbara would hum it's call constantly as if she was remembering the times that had been joyful to her. Jim didn't know if his father was the meaning behind the song when she sang it or when Jim hadn't been keeping secrets from her and she had missed the old days that she wouldn't trade for anything.

However, Jim completely ignored the meaning of what the simple song meant to his mother and finally formed the words of the lyrics. His voice was smooth, his ranged matched the soft-spoken lyrics that were sung by the artist himself. His voice was rather pleasing when sung, in fact, it had such a gorgeous tune, it seemed almost angelic and reminded any unwanted listeners that happened to hear such a beautiful tone sound like a bell-like quality.